don't click here

SA2 Birthday Pack

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Lostgame, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I just got the Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday pack!

How do I make it run on a US dreamcast? Does a boot disc work?

2. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    I got it too. I never opened the games yet though. I got my DC from a friend along with several games that I haven't played yet. Some were japanese. He left a bootdisk which was a CD-R to play the import games. I've seen him use it, so making an ISO for it shouldn't be a problem (It's like the large games that can't fit on a disc).

3. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah... can you get it for me? Or is that Utopia?

4. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

I just gave it a try. It's Utopia Dreamcast CD Loader v1.1. Still want it?

5. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    What are the games on it?

6. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

The birthday Pack is a japanese version of Sonic Adventure 2 (identical to the original, not redone, bugfixed, or with new features in any way as far as I know). It also comes with a case that contains a booklet with a timeline, a 10th Anniversary coin, and a golden cd that contains several classic Sonic songs (The classic games such as Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Sonic R, SA1, SA2, etc). I think it goes for $10. For something "only available for 2 days" (June 23rd and 24th in 2001), it's not so hard to find. At Lik-sang, you can get this or a bigger bundle deal that includes Sonic Adventure 1 (jap) and an 11 inch SA Soni figure for $10 more (The fiture alone goes for atleast $12).

7. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I remember seeing this CD on Ebay one time.

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah. I don't want the loader now. That's the one I have, I'm just waiting to get the pack (delivery in 7-10 days from last saturday... so much waiting) and I wanted to make sure I got the right loader on time. So you've tried it now, XFox Prower? It works?

9. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

I haven't tried it with the SA games yet (still in package; I rarely even turn my tv on among other rhings). But I played Dead Or Alive 2 last night with it. It seems to work fine. When I started the boot disc up, the system went into the GUI and wanted me to input the date and time again (don't know why, it may be coincidence). Boot up the cd, follow instructions, and change CDs when it tells you to. The save file also saved onto the memory card properly without any region formatting conflicts (I doubt any exception could be game-specific). Some systems such as the Gamecube are known for reformatting the entire memory card if the region of the save isn't the same as the existing saves on the card (in most cases, a simple hex editor in the header of the file fixes that, assuming the actual game data is the same for all regions).

10. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Um... new problem, Utopia, and the CDX demo don't work. What now?

11. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Sorry for the double post, but now I have also tried "DC Hakker" without success. What's going on?

12. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

The boot disk doesn't work? There must have been a problem when burning it. Boot CDs are a little different, and the DC probably isn't any different in that detail. An ISO should contain all that info to do it right. I can send it through AIM if you need one.

13. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    It works now. (DC Hakker worked.) Thank you for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.