don't click here

"Journey to Eggmanland" on Y! Japan Auctions

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ch1pper, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    That's peculiar. Is there a year marked on the VHS tapes? Sonic World has the ova listed as a 2004 DVD release in Japan. I'm guessing that is a rerelease.

2. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    Eddie Lebron's Sonic FanFilm Concept Art
    My tapes are released in 1996, complete with NiGHTs advertisement before the actual episode starts.

If these red boxed VHS are rereleases, then I suppose they don't have that awesome NiGHTs ad with the awesome themesong of awesome =P

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Any way you can show this ad?

4. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    I'll try to look for the advertisement online. Trying to figure out where my OVA tapes are is... quite the treasure hunt >_> That and I fear the VCR eating my tape, which has happened once.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    If you can find it online that will be even better.

6. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    The NiGHTS ad is included in that multi-part download Sonicblur posted. I deleted it off my hard drive or I'd reupload it, but I have no use for it personally. :P

So, as I noticed when watching this months ago on NicoNico, the differences between versions are the standard "Japanese text -> English text" and removal of the episode titles. And Episode 1's credits section with that other section of Look Alike.

Curiously, the Japanese version of Episode 2 opens with a shot of Eggmanland/Robotropolis followed by the hallway view (where the opening credits from Ep.1 are repeated). The English version fades into the hallway view. Curious.

Edit: I can't help but think that "Japanese DVD release" listed on Sonic World is just a fan assumption, as we haven't actually come across it.
    Also, there seem to be 2 different versions of each episode's cover art, with different background. The first version was blue and green respectively (see the Wiki entry), while the second version is that gray "platinum-style" version Rockman Zero posted on page 1. Outside of that, I'd think the red video case is just that: a red case, that's all.

7. SEGAMew

SEGAMew

The Obsessive One Member
    Cosmic Interstate
    Oh goody, now I don't have to scour the internet for the ad XD; It seems to be more elusive than your average elusive NiGHTs ad.

8. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    This copy is an ex rental, which might explain the differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.