don't click here

I visited Sega yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sammybeany, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuzu

Yuzu

I think with all the feedback, Sonic 4 Episode 2 could have a change for the better, the game ISN'T as terrible as some people make it out to be, but it also has a hell of a lot of problems that if fixed could turn it into a great game, it's just a shame that it started out like this, as it's going to hinder the reputation of the later episodes if they turn out to be amazing. + - There was pinball-like physics in the iPhone version. :U  

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    "I had considered donating this thing to TSSZ, just to make the rest of the Sonic community really mad, but I decided this was a better idea."

Hahahahahahahahahaha. That would have sucked. >_>

3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Guys... They've been having this exact same feedback since the leak, which was even before the game was delayed.

4. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Sammybeany, your initial post made me cringe. Thankfully, others' perspectives were offered and the situation doesn't sound as bad, but it still took six pages to get everyone on the same page of music. The meeting may have been calm, but your post certainly wasn't, and it shows a complete lack of tact for the efforts SoA has made to reach out to Sonic Retro. Hearing from Ken Balough, the very person who was one of the people managing stuff that day, makes me this much more embarrassed that something like this is up for everyone to see, non members and all. There is stating your opinion, and then there is a disregard for the professionalism that is required for attending events like this, invitation or not. You sure could have gone without tossing your presents to the ground (clock) and the assumptions of how much SEGA cares about their "fans". This makes me so angry. You have only set dynamite under yourself by doing this. Next time, try not to associate yourself with Sonic Retro or any other site by posting something that supposedly ends your ties with the franchise.

5. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

I bet this won't change anything but if these criticisms are going to be taken to heart for the next episode and it'll be different from the first episode, I would actually rename Sonic 4: Episode 1 to Sonic 4: Prologue.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    If I understand the gist of this post, it's "don't bitch about things you haven't experienced," correct?

So what does that say about the OP?

7. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    What it says is that everyone who was at the meeting said that Sammy wasn't running around acting like a dick and shouting at everyone like so many people want to imagine just because he used "the fuck word" in his description of what happened at SEGA. And that, if you were to...say...watch video footage of the event that will surely pop up, then you can make a judgment as well.

Just as Sammy has seen plenty of footage about Sonic 4. And heard from so many people the complaints that he articulated while there.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Oh ok, it's ok to judge a reaction from 2nd hand information only when you agree with it. Got it.

9. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Cooljerk, what I was getting at was that people, based off of Sammybeany's OP, are assuming that he was in there being a dick the whole meeting. I can see why people would think that, but that's not the case. I didn't know that he never played Sonic 4 until he posted in this thread, but he was making good enough points there to where I thought he did actually play it.

If he was being unruly, he would have been thrown out. He was being a dick and raging here, but not at the meeting. Everybody's looking at this post and going "OH WELL THAT MEETING MUST HAVE BEEN TENSE AND RAGING AND STUPID" and it wasn't. It was chill. Shut the fuck up.

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Silly of everybody to assume the tone of the meeting from the horses mouth when he claims he was shouting down people.

But no, you're totally the voice of reason in this thread, what with the "shut the fuck up" and generally offensive tone you're taking. Want to shut me up? Release the video instead of sitting on a pedestal.

11. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    Will the video footage prove otherwise?

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I assume it will. Especially if Ruby did nothing to try and counter such claim.

13. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I wish I'd have known about this event at Sega since I live about 2 to 3 dozen miles from San Francisco, I would have gone. Too bad, maybe next time!

I read the OP as an obnoxious, misbehaved toddler throwing a tantrum because the party didn't have the cake he wanted, but you made him sound like a well-behaved individual. That's two-faced isn't? :v: No offense, OP.

Good to know that some people had a good time at the event though.

14. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    I'm editing it, yes. Those kinds of things take time.

Don't even talk to me about pedestals, guy. I'm really sick of your shit.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    This might be the most ironic argument I've seen in quite a while. People are getting tense and argumentative over whether or not they should have been under the impression that the OP, and the event itself, were tense and/or argumentative. Last time I facepalmed so hard, it was literally at an argument over the definition of arguing.

Bottom line: OP's original post painted everything, from the event to his reactions to it, in an unfavorable light. This has since been clarified. Can we move on now?

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sounds like it was an interesting event. Shame I don't have any planned trips to San Francisco anytime soon, visiting the SEGA HQ and engaging in a Sonic 4 discussion must have been interesting.

17. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Wow, I think we can take the being a dick level down a notch, guys. Just wait for the video.

18. FIRST @ TSSZ: Nobody in the Sonic community understands hyperbole, self-deprecation, or sarcastic melodrama as a rhetorical device! MORE AS IT DEVELOPS.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Apparently that includes yourself.

20. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    OK, you know what?

I'm just closing this until the video is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.