don't click here

SOE promotes Hedgehog Awareness with Sonic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    One of the cutest Sonic-related news stories ever.

And now, the cutest picture you'll ever see.

[​IMG]

Awww, look at his widdle shoes! :)

2. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    D'AAAWWW! I don't care what you people say, that's absolutely fucking adorable.

3. Steven M

Steven M

But 50,000 per year * 10 years = 500,000 which is more than 30-whoops, left my "Pedant" switch on.

Speaking of the UK - you guys remember this?

[​IMG]

4. SwissCM

SwissCM

Is there a desktop-sized version of that image I want it :(

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    d'awwwwwww~ <3

This is amazing though. I love to see news on how Sonic actually affects the protection of the hedgehog species. :)

+ - Somebody needs to tell the writer why the hedgehog was chosen as Sonic's design :V  

6. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I actually haven't seen any hedgehogs this year which is unusual, well I did see one but it was a bit late for a box of leaves and a plate of cat food (let's just say a Land Rover got there first, so I would fully support hedgehog crossings). I normally pick them up around the abandoned boat yard, I remove them because it's covered with rat poison, I also pick them around the side of the road. I feed them cat food then release them into the surrounding fields, some probably still go back to the rat poison but hey I tried. I always keep a leaf pile in my garden for hedgehogs, they are great for plants as they eat slugs and snails. On the down side they smell terrible, they are also absolutely covered in ticks and fleas, so if you have pets you must make sure they're treated.

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    On the subject of marketing ploy, I get the feeling it was more likely the Trust approached SEGA for this, rather than the other way around. Not to say SEGA didn't see it as a publicity stunt at least in part, I'm just saying it's not likely they were hounding the endangered species lists for an opportunity to plug Sonic if hedgehogs ever started suffering. :v:

8. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    I had no idea that English Hedgehogs were so damn screwed. Funny I just found out Hedgehogs aren't native to North America, not that we don't have a Sonic related endangered animal. Our bats are right fucked by that fungal infection white nose, but I digress. This is actually kind of cool, nice little stunt SEGA pulled off.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Turns out hedgehogs reproduce too.

10. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

I think that could be the problem though, the ever busy road network. If your a male hedgehog looking for a mate, chances are you're going to have to cross a road and unlike Sonic, you're no match for human rubber.

11. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning

We're going to have to set up tiny brothels where they can all go at once, aren't we?

12. I'm not sure about the UK hedgehogs but African Pygmy Hedgehogs which is a hybrid bred as pocket pets are horny little devils, at least the males. Total chronic masturbators. So its not surprising they reproduce that much. Its 35 to 50 days gestation period for females, and males are potent at 6 weeks.

13. Badnik

Badnik

It's clear to me that someone at Sega understands the interwebs.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    And all they had to do to psycho-analyze the Internet was observe the viewcounts on the infinite number of "cute animals doing stupidly cute things" videos on YouTube.

See, now, people aren't complicated at all. They just need lolcats. :specialed:

15. Penguin

Penguin

Regarding the "Hedgehog Crossings" on the front page news; I can't help but feel that they should just install boost pads.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

You want the cars suddenly zipping off the side of the road and cartwheeling down the hillsides?

Well that would certain save the hedgehogs. :v:

17. Penguin

Penguin

nonono, you have it backwards!

the hedgehogs could cross in a second, and traffic would not be hindered.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Well...I don't know about that...

/shot

19. Holy shit, Sonic Shorts volume 1 is awesome. I've never seen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.