don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Dusk, are you still gonna make the Red Ring guide/video?

2. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, I can hardly wait for Sonic Tuesday. I'm going to drive home with that Sonic hat on. And some cool shades. And my Sonic shirt.

3. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    The amount of pride in being Sonic fans flaring up in this thread is making me all nostalgia-y. I'm going to buy a copy of this game, and I don't even have a wii. I just want to give Sonic Team my monies for this.

4. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
  5. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
    Gettin' the game tommorow, really pumped, even with the huge amount of spoilers I've read. Somebody's not going to sleep tonight...

6. Penguin

Penguin

You lucky devil, we in the US have to wait until tuesday!

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I love the blue blur. He's a legitimate gaming icon, every bit as important to the history of gaming as Mario or Pacman. I think a lot of people, even during the bad days of Sonic 2006, wanted to like Sonic. He's a likable character.

Yup, that'd be me. Despite already having beaten the game, I can't wait to pick it up on the 16th. This is one sonic game I'm going to be proud to put on my shelf.

8. Iapetus

Iapetus

Spinball Elitist Member
    ^ Same here. ^_^

Anyone else think Sweet Mountain Act 2's music sounds like the Ren & Stimpy theme song?

9. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Really, really hoping my preorder arrives on time! Ordered from Argos so should get those figures too.
    Even the awful GT review hasn't ruined my hyped-ness for this game! Can't wait!

Feel bad for the U.S fans who don't get it for a few days yet, but look at it this way: it'll be even better when it arrives!
    (Assume that makes sense)
    And you got hats :v:

10. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I completely agree. This is part of the reason why it's so nice to finally see an apparently amazing Sonic game ("apparently" because I've not played it myself yet, I'm just going on what you guys have been saying in this topic and the massive amount of hype surrounding this game) for the first time in so many years. It's been rather unpleasent seeing Sonic turn into a laughing stock over the past few years, with a few shit games and everyone ripping him apart because of that. Here's hoping that Colours is just the start of a true comeback for Sonic, so he can re-establish himself as a proper gaming icon.

I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on this game tomorrow, assuming that's when my delivery will arrive (pre-ordered online from Argos to get the figurine); it'd better be tomorrow, at this rate I think the wait is gonna kill me otherwise!

11. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    I preordered from them too, but I'm thinking - reckon we'll actually get the figurines? The note on the site saying that has now gone,
    and they've started selling the figure for £15 seperately. A mistake in the preorder info, perhaps?

12. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    All I know is tomorrow when I finish work, I'm going to GAME, going home and will probably enter a social blackout for a few days. Really looking forward to this.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm so mad I have tests and stuff around when this game comes out because that means I won't be able to play it D: I'll prob pick up the DS version when I get the Wii version and play that on the bus to Boston over that weekend. As for the Wii version I'm going to bother my friends who have a Wii at school haha

14. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Aww, you lucky devils you... I pity you folks for being able to get the game early. For me, I'm most likely gonna have to wait until Christmas to get the game, because my family's always broke. By the looks of things, I'm sure the game's gonna be radical!

15. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Hey guys, I've put the whole Sonic Colo(u)rs soundtrack onto a .zip file for easy download on Rapidshare. I've tried to make it seem as professional as I possibly could. The .zip file contains the following features:
    1. All 60 of the music tracks
    2. Every track has a labelled artist (simply named "SEGA")
    3. Every track is numbered (unofficially)
    4. Every track is under labelled under the official album name: ViViD SOUND X HYBiD COLORS
    5. Every track has the official album artwork

This will hopefully make it easier to put on programs like iTunes, make it easier to sort and store etc. until we get an official album list with composers properly allocated.

Download Here!

Let me know if it works or not, so I can put up other mirrors if it fails.

16. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I noticed that too - it was literally a couple of days after I placed my order that the "get a free figurine" text was taken off. I actually phoned them yesterday to see if the offer was still available, as I thought I might try and pre-order the DS version too (need to get it as a Christmas gift for someone, so I thought it'd be nice to get the figure as well if I could). The girl I spoke to on the phone told me that "the offer is no longer available, we've now lowered the price of the game instead". So I presume that means the figurine offer was available at some point (rather than being a mistake), so hopefully we should get the figurines.

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Couple pages late (worked all day :/), but thanks Jimmy. I never would've though of that!

Oh man, Wednesday can't come soon enough. I've got that day and Thursday off work. I'm so stoked. Next week is going to be fantastic. And then the next week is feast week (and Donkey Kong Country Returns :D), so...fuck year. November 2010 is full of win.

18. Badnik

Badnik

It says "The limit for free downloads has been reached".

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hm. That slightly worries me - iirc it was still there when I placed the preorder for the Wii version a while ago but I placed the DS one waaaaaaaaaay before. Still, I guess I'll know either way on Saturday (and I say Sat rather than Fri as I have a horrible feeling that due to work there will be no-one home when these things are delivered. And the fucking sorting office closes at 1).

20. Watching the Colors cutscenes on Youtube and wow, the writing is hilarious.

Also, I didn't think Eggman's theme from Sonic 06 would persist through three games. Sonic Team must really like it.