don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Penguin

Penguin

That's irrelevant.

I want to start mixing this song so I guess I'll MIDIfy it myself since no one else has!

2. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    So I realized today that the statement Sonic made in his "4th wall breaking" moment could easily have been directed at Tails word for word without the whole sneaking to look at the player bit and it would longer break the 4th wall. That's probably why it was kinda lame. /nitpick

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    aaaaargh ffs, Megaupload keeps thinking my IP is DDOSing them. Can someone put that demo ROM up on a different filesharing host?

4. null1024

null1024

Mmkay, just tried the demo out in No$GBA, works like a charm, and it feels like Rush done a bit better [notably, the homing attack is awesome here, you can see what you're homing onto, so instead of flying backwards at an enemy you aren't facing like a retard in Rush, you can tell what you are going to hit. Also, they put it on the jump button, which is loads nicer than having it on R].

I am probably buying this, especially since I don't need L/R for it [which, are broken on my DS right now].

5. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Same problem as OL here, can anyone upload elsewhere?

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

FYI, that problem happened for me once and not a second time. Try again.

EDIT: Okay, unzipped and uploaded it to MediaFire. Link

7. Fiamonder

Fiamonder

Amsterdam
    Sonic Generations & Knuckles
  8. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    Sonic Colors demo is up on the US Nintendo Channel. Downloading as I type. :D

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hey this demo is not that bad I must say. I may just pick this up someday, probably not immediately though. Still lookin forward to the Wii version more (I already have it reserved full money down :D )

10. DeeNinja

DeeNinja

A generic young member. Member
    Just tried the Demo ROM out, and I must say that it is fucking amazing. Animations are smooth, Sonic's hands are disjointed as usual(lolheroes), Red Burn is awesome, Tropical Resort's music is nice and groovy. I see nothing wrong with this.

11. The demo is out in the US now? 0.0 Holy crap! I must download it!

12. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Just played the demo and it seems that it's a solid game. I don't see much issues in the first level and I didn't come across a bottomless pit, level design seems to be okay.

Have they done something with the Rush model or is it my emulator?

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Wow, that demo was a lot better than I'd expected it to be. I must admit I've not really given the DS version much attention over these past few months (it looked too similar to Rush for my liking) - but it plays really nicely, seems a lot better than Rush in that it somehow lacked the whole "hold boost to win!" feel that the Rush games had. The red Wisp ability worked really well, I liked that a lot.

Yeah, it is a little different (I played the demo on an actual DS and I could tell the model wasn't identical to the one in Rush), some of the animations are different as well.

14. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Hey, you asked if there was one and I told you, not my fault it wasent what you wanted to hear XD

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

Yeah they tweaked the model abit but its still the same model.

Just played the demo Its sweet feels allot like rush but less boost to win. like the fire wisp but it feels short I wanted to play around with it more.

EDIT: Hack the shit out this sucker. Music nao plz?

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's the running animations. They make Sonic look like a head with arms and legs attached.

17. Hey, it's actually good! It still just feels like an updated Rush, but that's not really a bad thing.

Might buy it someday, but I'll take the Wii version for now.

18. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  19. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I linked to some of the demo's SDAT files in my last post. You can open that up in VGMStream and extract the sequence data for the song you want to MIDI. Just tried it, and it works like a charm. The drowning music is missing though...

20. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Firstly, is the demo really 2MB? Secondly what cards are you guys using? Has anyone got it to work on R4 or DSTT?