don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    I'm not one to take reviews for each and every word they provide, but If I play Sonic Colors and it's not as good as the Adventure series, I am going to shit bricks.

I do want that blue classic controller.

2. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Too bad I already made my pre-order. I definitely wanted this. Because of the controller. But not because the controller is blue and has "Sonic Colors" written on it; it's because I actually need a classic controller, and a bundle sounds like a good deal. Kills two bunnies with a single strike.

3. Aw, fuck. I'd take that controller over a Sonic hat.

Well, I'd rather take it WITH the Sonic hat... But I'm kinda wishing I was Australian right now. Or rather, I'm wishing I had a Wii that could play the Australian version, or some other way of acquiring that pre-order bonus.

4. Vertex

Vertex

Define 'normal'.
    Hey, more positive reviews. Cool.
    That controller is bugging me though. It seems pre-ordering it months in advance isn't as rewarding as I thought.

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    You know I don't fucking get it. I've noticed for the past couple of games now that international pre-orders are getting better stuff then US or UK pre-orders. why are international people soo favorited over US or UK?

Yeah I know all the SEGAs act of their own way, but shouldn't someone at SOA or SOE notice "Hey, SOAU Is giving away a blue classic controller with their pre-orders. Lets do that!"

SOG is giving away figures with their pre-orders, SOAU is giving away a blue classic controller. what do SOA and SOE give away, a hat. a fucking hat. fuck...

[/notfairrage]

6. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Maybe it's Sega making up for Australia's draconian video game laws. Someone's gotta make the Aussie gamers feel better.

7. You do have a point there. The Australian version of Left 4 Dead 2 is just awful. Or any gory game really.

8. Perhaps giving this to all the markets would be too expensive?

9. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    >Sonic fan calling a game overrated

Heh.

So count me psyched for this one, guys – I've let it happen again, I've become giddy for a Sonic title. I just pray this isn't like Unleashed where I'm really psyched for it and then get progressively more and more underwhelmed as I play the title.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    But cmon, whos idea was it for a hat for a pre-order incentive?! a hat that may not even fit our heads more or less a cat's head or a small kid. (like hell I'd ever wear it but just making the point)

I think the blue controller would've fit here or in the UK and would've been allot more incentive to pre-order colors thats for sure. but whatever, SOA/E = cheapskates on incentives.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member

Its a pretty crappy form of compensation if you ask me, decades of neglect? you get? a blue classic contoller!!! WOOOO! (please love our game)

12. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    You know, guys, if you want the controller that badly, you can cancel your current pre-order and pre-order the game again.

Assuming it hasn't just been added to your pre-order already.

13. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I wouldn't want one anyway, its not even a controller PRO

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Yeah, Classic Controller is a bit hard on the hands by the standards of today and I find some of the buttons a bit inexplicably... off. Better than a sideways Wiimote, though.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    From NeoGAF:
    Only one of those cons is a bad thing.

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

That "because of the game rather than the player" thing looks debatable from what we've seen, and since this is the first we've heard of such a complaint, I intend to take it with a grain of salt. It could just be the reviewer in question being shite at the game and not realizing it.

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Could be, I got the magazine and he gave this as an example:
    He praised the game for the most part and said he first expected it would be another crappy Sonic game.

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

...Whaaaaaaa...?

How the bloody hell are you going to miss something like that with that massive-ass targeting reticule screaming "ATTACK NOW!!!!" all the time?

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I still am standing by what I said earlier, I think this game will score mainly in the 8-9 range, with some straight out 9's and maybe even 9.5's, and then maybe some 7's as well and then every here and now a 6 for whatever reason.

We'll see how more reviews develop.