don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    No fucking way Jun Senoue made the soundtrack. If he really did do it, then wow. He's gotten a lot better at his craft.

2. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I don't know. I seriously doubt this soundtrack is being made by Jun Senoue. Especially the Act 2 remix of Sweet Mountain; it screams Naofumi Hataya.

3. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I am actually really pleased it's begun to get good reviews, it puts my mind at ease, no longer waiting for the bad point that ruins the game!

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    He's only the sound director. The team that worked on Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 06 did the soundtrack.

5. This explains why the music is so good. I only played through Sonic's story in Sonic '06 and found a few notable tracks I liked, but the soundtrack for Unleashed was by far one of the best soundtracks I've heard. Even if it's not particularly one's tastes, you have to give them credit for the diversity that really made it stand out. This just upped the ante for Colors for me.

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Don't take reviews too literally on points like these; they have a tendency to mention the One Big Name and forget that there were in fact Five Slightly Smaller Names involved in that aspect of a game's epic win which are, in fact, far more accountable for that win than the One Big Name that winds up getting mentioned.

7. I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a Sonic game's soundtrack.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    What about Sonic Chronicles?

9. Haha this is true. I remember playing this game with the volume down most of the time. But in it's defense, it was supposed to have a different soundtrack wasn't it?

10. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    Not even Sonic 4? Cause there are 8bit tunes (UNDERGROUND ZONE) that are more amazing than the songs in that game imo.

11. Okay, I'll give you Chronicles, but Sonic 4 isn't bad. It's a little underwhelming, but I still like it.

It's not much compared to what I've heard in Colours, though. Tropical Resort and Planet Wisp are already playing in my head constantly (and have been for a couple weeks now).

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    The only track I like in Sonic 4 is Lost Labyrinth Zone Act 1. The rest are shit. Especially Mad Gear - I can't even remember what the music there sounds like, thats how unmemorable it is.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the Unleashed team is on board. Unleashed's music is killer.

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I personally think Sonic 4 has the worst soundtrack in the entire series.

14. Felik

Felik

Besides Chronicles I think Sonic Rivals 1-2 (except "Race to Win" and Sonic Rivals 1's first stage music) have the worst soundtrack in Sonic's history.
    Music is so uninspired and dull there.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I just wondered if Sonic colours would be at the MCM expo in london, and when I did a google search it actually turns out Roger Craig Smith is gonna be there, cant't belive I missed that lol

dang it I knew I shoulda gone as Wesker >_>

17. Vertex

Vertex

Define 'normal'.
  18. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    Indeed, but he's there for Assassin's Creed, not Sonic...

SEGA doesn't really do the MCM's unfortunately.

19. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    On an extra note it looks like ONM is holding out their newest issue with Sonic Colors. Most subscribers receive their issue early unless they have a timed exclusive in the issue, most subscribers would have gotten the issue in the last two days but they haven't, and it goes on sale in store tomorrow.

So either someone is getting the issue today and we'll see the ONM review or we'll be getting it tomorrow when it goes public in store.

I still would go there to hear him do Chris's voice, he's one of my favorite voice actors for a few of his roles even before I knew he was Sonic.

20. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    yeah he cant possibly think that there wont be huge scores of sonic fans there poised and ready to harass him into speaking new sonic speak, might see if I can get a picture lol