don't click here

Sonic Burlesque dancer

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mrtrent, Oct 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginger

ginger

Ouch! Hehe. Yeah, fair enough, I don't know who he is. In my head he both looks and sounds like Comic Book Guy. He may as well have just come on here and gone 'Worst. Burlesque. Everrrrr'.

2. Well internert or not, I wouldn't judge a book by its' cover. That gets you in a lot of shit in real life as well as the internet. The more we know [​IMG]

3. dsrb

dsrb

From the same person:
    Well done!

Otherwise, I must agree that—setting aside any debate on the validity of burlesque, particularly that references children's/game characters!—it wasn't very well done; it just looked awkward, in my opinion. Unlike JS however, I'm not making a blanket assumption that you're “stupid’ for these reasons.

That all said, Slingerland hardly just said “Worst. Burlesque. Ever.” He offered a good amount of explanation and justification for his opinion.

4. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    This. Welcome to Sonic Retro, where 75% of members scrutinise every little detail of everything, not just sonic's green eyes.
    Threads like this get tiring. =P

5. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I thought it was hilarious, fun, and the rendition of the music was fantastic. It made me smile none the less.

Are you guys seriously arguing about the little details? Wow, grow up. It's just a bit of fun. Who gives a shit if the spikes aren't right or whatever you're moaning about? Bloody hell..

6. dsrb

dsrb

> Who gives a shit if the spikes aren't right or whatever you're moaning about?

Way to not read the thread.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Welcome to Sonic Retro. :specialed:

8. Foxsnipe

Foxsnipe

I know I myself said nothing about the outfit. To me, it was a piss-poor Burlesque performance (no satire, ridicule or parody). It was nothing but a striptease in Sonic clothing.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    But... it was a striptease. Jeez, trust Retro to be so gay not even bare boobs do anything.

10. AamirM

AamirM

Tech Member
    People (guys mostly if you noticed) are just pissed off because they waited 2something minutes you didn't showed your breasts completely :argh: . If you did, now that would be shocking and more "burlesquely" and art or whatever (I am mostly in for the tits). So you should probably do it now so that it can gain more views than Sonic Fan Remix and everyone can be happy. :)

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow, so people booked your act. Congratulations. This has no bearing on the actual quality of the act (see: Soulja Boy and the fact that he has a career + pretty much any cartoon on television today).

Brad gave you solid, constructive criticism from someone who is in the film and television industry and, in fact, makes more money than you and has extensive knowledge of both his trade and the inner workings of entertainment as a whole. You could have taken that feedback to heart—useful feedback that would legitimately help your act—but instead you decided to be an anal-retentive bitch and completely disregard all of it just because you can't handle any kind of feedback that isn't invariably positive. I don't give a shit how popular or talented you "think" you are—that's a horrible, disgusting attitude and it reflects on you terribly as both a person and an entertainer. You will not succeed or improve as long as you let your ego blind you as you are now.

I haven't actually viewed your performance as I don't care for it, so I don't really have an opinion when it comes to that. But seriously? You look stuck up as all hell. Please stop this.

12. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    I'm not arguing the little details. I'm saying that she came in here and started being a stuck-up bitch. I don't like stuck-up bitches stankin' up the place.

But the performer herself says that it wasn't. Way to read the thread.

Haha, woooooooow. Did you really just go this route? Dismiss legitimate critiques that you wanted and say "weeeeeeelllll... I make more money than you." What a bitch move. What was there to "win" exactly? Even if there was something to "win," you'd pretty much lose anyway becaaaauuusssseee... (and I never wanted to flaunt this, but since you're a presumptuous, stuck-up moron)...

I don't need to make money doing things Sonic related that I created, because I have a real job on real TV shows. Besides, getting paid for the Sonic stuff I've created would land me a nice li'l cease and desist.

In the end, you've proven me correct. All I'm reading is "waaaaaah someone didn't like my show." You're not going anywhere with your attitude.

By the way, I look and sound nothing like comic book guy. However, you look and sound like a stupid stripper. At least I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Also see:
    [​IMG]

13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It was a joke.

14. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Actually I would've lost all respect for the performer who calls a full monty a burlesque show.

She says she's a big fan of Sonic? Plenty of opportunities to mock the Sonic fandom then. BAAW GREEN EYES or SONIC 4 PHYSICS, just to name a couple. Or maybe she was afraid that the majority of her audience wouldn't get it...in which case...choose a more appropriate subject and do an actual burlesque show.

15. Consider your joke.... [​IMG] awful.

16. I like turtles

17. Steven M

Steven M

Admins on a Sonic fan forum are trading insults with a burlesque dancer in a game of one-upmanship. It could only be funnier if it were Tristan Oliver arguing with the dancer instead. So what are the sociopolitical ramifications of getting a lap-dance from a woman dressed as Dr. Eggman while singing "This is my chocolate torte"?

18. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    [​IMG]

19. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I get the feeling this topic is going to be trashed very soon. FFS Retro, THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

:v:

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Good god Steven, you need to post more. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.