don't click here

Jazwares Sonic figures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patback

Patback

point taken o_o you just made it seem like you were ascurred to have stuff like that

2. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Found Metal Sonic in a trip to Toys R Us, bought him on a whim along with a Proto Man figure. Metal looks great.

I considered the 10 in' Sonic, but...ehhh he's molded with a weird smile (like the Sonic 4 title screen) and the ones in store seemed to have too many scrapes/paint errors. I didn't feel right shelling out money for it. If they make a 10'' Knuckles, maybe I'll go back.

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    There was a picture of that Woody and Professor Layton *touching* a girl on Danbooru but it got flagged. It was the best thing ever.

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I just got my 10'' Metal Sonic, and for once, it looks better in Realityland than on the Internet. Leg joints are a bit hard to work with, but otherwise it's awesome.

So collecting these 10'' Sonic figures now.

5. Hey guys, sorry, I checked through the thread but didn't see: Did First4Figures do an exclusive statue of normal Sonic, or just Super Sonic?

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Both

7. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Yep, they did a 12 inch statue of Sonic. Here it is:

[​IMG]

It's a great statue, although a bit pricey at around $110-$120.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well this is what the one they actually released looked like. The fixed the inside of the socks and gloves and made his pupils less creepy.
    [​IMG]

9. That First4Figures Sonic statue has officially sold out. They've changed the status on the website, so now you can only find it through other retailers. I was debating on getting it and when I saw the Super Sonic statue, I knew it was only a matter of time. But then I waited and waited and when I realized it was backordered a few days ago nearly everywhere, I started scrambling to find it. I did find one though, although it was marked up a little.

I've never really been into figures and I didn't really understand it until this past year when I went to Otakon. My friend (who also isn't really into figures) and I were looking at a few this year and it dawned upon us how awesome they can be. Such intricate detail. And they can really make a shelf / desk area look awesome. Although there's TONS of anime ones, I think I'll just stick to Sonic. There's enough for diversity but keeps me from getting carried away. I like the cleaner look of the F4F statues/figures but the 10" Jazwares Metal Sonic & Sonic are two I really want. When my parents ask me what I want for my birthday next month, their 22 (well, 23 then I guess) year old son will declare he be taken to Toys R Us to pick out a toy. haha The look on their faces will be priceless. :)

10. Just to clarify, I mean did they do a limited version of the Sonic statue with a version that wasn't so limited? The Super Sonic one had the normal statue limited at 1500, and then the super limited at like 350, the one that lights up.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nope. 1500 Sonics were made and that was it. No special ones there. I didn't buy one until they announced Super Sonic (ordered the light up one yay) and within one week after I bought it they'd all sold out in Europe. Lucky, eh?

12. That's pretty much what I did as well. I wasn't really going to get the Sonic but when the Super Sonic was unveiled, it was a easy decision to get both. I pre-ordered the basic Super Sonic model but changed it to the one that lights up since it was only 20 bucks more. I wonder since Super Sonic was made before the original Sonic sold out, if there is going to be plans to do another Sonic character. Looking at their previous work with Legend of Zelda and Metroid, I'd be surprised if they didn't. Although Metal Sonic would be really awesome, I think Tails would be more than appropriate to continue the whole "classic" feel.

13. I'm so mad I missed out on normal Sonic. I should have ordered it.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Check eBay and such. You can still find some random sellers that have it brand new.

15. It looks like ToyNK has one left in stock. That's where I ordered mine from earlier this week. If you use the coupon "savemore", you can get 10 dollars off bringing it down to 139. If not, you can try Sideshow Collectibles too. They had one in stock when I went to order but my ToyNK order went through first so I canceled it. That was only 2 days ago.

Good luck!

16. Good looks! I tried the page and it says it's available in limited quanities, but I don't see a way to add it to my cart.

17. It's sold out on F4F. It says so under on the page under Authenticate and somewhere around the price under the picture. The only way to get ahold of it is to go through Amazon or eBay or a 3rd party retailer.

18. Foxsnipe

Foxsnipe

Amazon has a seller called ONLYWHOLESALE that is selling the F4F Sonic statue, but it's $150 + $7 shipping.

I'm so pissed I forgot about it too, I had planned to go back and get one myself, but this was several weeks ago.

[Edit]Alternately Toynk has it listed on Buy.com, in stock, for $153 shipped. Tempting.

19. Try and see if you can still order it from their site and use the coupon code "savemore". I believe I used that and it brought it kept it down to $139 (since shipping was 10 bucks). This was only a week ago or so.

20. Hey! There's an add to cart button now! Thanks man! Coupon code still works. Awesome, it's basically just a little more money than the original price, IIRC because First4Figures charges a lot for shipping if I remember.
    EDIT: Haha, holy shit, I ordered one and literally caused the item to be out of stock.
    EDIT 2: Yep, I had to call them because they added some BS BuyBond charge I clicked no on and they added anyway, and they were able to refund me the 4.20. So I asked and they said I got their last one in stock. I would keep an eye on it though because it was OOS for me before and then came back in stock. Never know who's gonna cancel or return their order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.