don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Curiously, this game looks the best with the simplest graphic effects.

2. MultiTrack

MultiTrack

Thats a matter of opinion. I find the highest graphics setting (aka fantastic) to be far superior. Some of the complains in this thread about shadows do not make sense.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Of course it's a matter of a opinion. Furthermore, Unity isn't consistent across all of the machines it runs on. There is a price to pay for such high-level control, you know.

4. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I thought that was just me with that view. It just seems more vibrant compared to the higher settings.

5. Gen

Gen

This is halloween! This is halloween! Member
    The Mobius Engine
    Mmmm, half true. It really depends on how many shader permutations you really want to manage by hand (UDK has several for very specific video cards, Unity just does permutations by class of video card, so needless to say, it can get crazy handling shader permutations).

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    If there's any lack of consistency then, no matter what the reason or how severe, it isn't consistent. That's what I mean.

7. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

It looks amazing and the physics are very faithful to the old games. I certainly think it's better than Sonic 4, seeing the killer whale jump into the foreground blew the mind of my inner child. I will be paying more attention to this project, and I didn't like the initial screenshots either.

8. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Well, I've just finished playing through this demo... and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this game! It's just completely blown my mind. I know it's been said again and again, but really, this beats Sonic 4 for me, hands down. The physics are near-enough perfect, the art is just beautiful, and I love the classic Sonic model! I'd like to say a huge thankyou to Pelikan and Mercury for this, you guys have done an absolutely fantastic job, I really enjoyed playing the demo :thumbsup: Can't wait to see more of this game.

9. Robochao

Robochao

You sound like this article I just read.

Geek.com's opinion on Sonic Fan Remix COMPLETE with weak and overused remarks.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I just want to jump in here and say I think everyone is doing this game an incredible disservice by comparing it to Sonic 4 as the 'Sonic 4 killer' and 'what Sonic 4 should be'. The game deserves to stand in its own spotlight, not be constantly contrasted against another product, no matter how favorably.

Anyway, gorgeous game, and I had a lot of fun with the demo. I stand by the Me of several months ago when I say;

That said, there were a couple things I didn't love, but they're mostly petty gripes. There were what I feel to be some sketchy badnik placements, where the badnik may not have been directly in the way at first, but its patrol path happened to put it right where it would hit me when I was being shot up by a spring. Wrong place/right time kind of thing, I guess.

11. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    The million dollar question for me is: will there be a Mac OS version? I know it was made in Unity.

12. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

I haven't read the article before posting but I don't mind being compared to it as I pretty much agree with it. The project deserves the praise.

Art is subjective, but it is so close to the release of Sonic 4 that it has to be compared to. The reason why Sonic 1 was so mind blowing (and the first mario game) is because there was nothing to compare it to at the time. Sonic 4 has a lot to live up to and falls short on the one thing that made Sonic so enjoyable, physics. Sonic Fan Remix seems to have taken the physics and then worked 'the pretty' around them, this is how Sonic 4 should have been produced but wasn't.

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    That's your own opinion. Granted, it's the opinion of most, but it certainly isn't mine. Sonic 4 should have had more work put into it, yes, but the way it looks and what is was going for are perfect, in my opinion.

I agree with Vaiz. SFR should stand on its own merits and not be compared to Sonic 4.

14. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    [​IMG]

This should answer your question.

15. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I don't use Pro. I don't think Pelikan does, either, seeing as how the Demo says "Trial Version" in the corner.

16. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
  17. browny

browny

18. pelikan13

pelikan13

19. browny

browny

Works great and with my dual shock too :specialed:

20. Pheisar

Pheisar

It's nothing comparing with your work... Yesterday I did try the Demo and only can say one thing: since "Sonic & Knuckles" I didn't see the essence of Sonic. Like me I supose that many other people is now excited again with Sonic, "the original one".

Thanks and congratulations to you and all who are made possible this game.

PS. Sega, look and learn.