don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
  2. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    That music. Dear lord that music. Planet Wisp act 1 is absolutely amazing. If this game pans out how I think it will, it'll easily land in my top 5 Sonic games.

EDIT: Typo

3. Things just keep getting better, don't they?

+ - ...But I'm STILL not happy about what they've done to Tails.  

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The music is godly. That's what makes me sad about the wisp power up music. It interrupts the awesomeness D: Kind of like the werehog battle theme.

God I want this game. It could very well become my second or third favorite Sonic game of all time (It'll be very hard to knock Sonic 3 and Knuckles off the top spot. 16 years and still enjoying it, that's hard to beat)

5. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Sweet Mountain appears to be the strongest example of multiple paths from the available footage. Every act has multiple paths of course, but sweet mountain lets you choose this with the drill and laser, rather than say just knowing when to jump to fly through a rainbow ring to get onto a higher path, though with the way they're lied out that's not bad either at this point. The only thing that separates Sonic Colors from the classic games as far as multiple paths and choice go at this point are that in Colors, you can't backtrack at all to change your mind about which path to take. However, each path has its own rewards upon seeing the act playthroughs, so don't sweat messing up the timing of a jump, especially since the acts are meant to be played through more than once. Smart move on Sonic Team's part! Also, the slower platforming segments don't look to be any slower than Sonic 1 or S3K's. So again, it is taking a page out of Unleashed, except that this time there's an abundance of 2D segments that possibly outweigh the 3D segments. Whether that will be boring or exciting to go through an entire game, I'm not sure what to think yet. It depends on how useful or fun you think the wisps will be, I guess. So we're looking at five different zones with six or seven acts a piece. 30-35 two-three minute acts, plus backtracking with wisp powers...I think people will get at least a solid ten hours of gameplay from this game. The music is splendid, from what I'm hearing it's managing to be even more of a blast to listen to than Unleashed's soundtrack. Graphics don't push the Wii, but you can't really tell when you're focusing on exploring or boosting past it.

I think this is gonna be the first Sonic game I've bought since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, which was eight years ago...not seeing any major deal-breakers here. Sold.

6. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    Correction on one thing though, it's 6 zones and each is confirmed to have 6 acts. Then with that, the Tower is suggested to be a full stage too which would mean 7 full zones (42 stages) and then we've seen on the Japanese site a rainbow star that may very well be the "final" zone.

Then we have the Sonic Simulator which has 21 more stages. Then many of the stages are large and you can explore around on many paths. Focusing on Sonic-Only allows them to do more focused around Sonic, which may sound obvious but it's great.

7. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    Act 2 of Planet Wisp looks phenomenal. That's the kind of platforming I was hoping to see in this game.

8. Vertex

Vertex

Define 'normal'.
    Hero of Legend wanted me to post photos of the back cover I mentioned last page.
    Wii:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the DS, while I was at it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the low quality pics, I'm not an expert photographer. Also, I'm absolutely loving these videos.

EDIT: I managed to break the link somehow, but it's fixed now.

9. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    You linked to the smaller image counterparts, you can get bigger if you click those and get the "Direct Link" link inside of the imageshack files. Thanks a ton though!

10. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Ohhhh right, the Sonic simulator! And the fact that there's like 42 stages, not 30-35. Very good. Also, a rainbow star huh? Maybe when Sonic beats each act on each of the star's outer points, he gets to go through six more acts, and then he'll warp back to the map select where everything looks different! The motobugs will have pumpkin masks, even! Also, thanks for posting those pics, Vertex.

30 days until NA release. The countdown is really on now. Days sure are passing by reeeeaaal slow, huh.

11. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Hmm, after watching those videos, I have determined that Sega used the chaos emerald sound for 1-ups. What the hell?

Seriously, this is wrong on a GREEN EYES LEVEL. Obviously it means the whole game is screwed.

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    They did it in Unleashed, too.

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Uh, what Chaos Emerald sound is that? It sounds like the extra life sound effect used in Sonic '06 and Unleashed to me.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The 1-up sound has been a little remix of the Chaos Emerald theme for ages, dudes.

Also, have any of you checked out NeoGAF as of late? They're even more positive about Colors now than the last time I checked.

Jesus Christ. Sonic 4 apparently outclassed by a 3D game, and now NeoGAF actually optimistic about a Sonic game. What is the world coming to...?

15. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    It's the sound that they've been using for 1-ups since Sonic Adventure, but it's also the same sound (or at least the same melody) as the Chaos Emerald jingle in the Genesis games.

16. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Which was the chaos emerald sound in the genesis games.

I must admit, my time spent with 06 and Unleashed has been limited, so I didn't realize they also used that sound for lives.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Don't quote me on this, as it's not from my own personal experience, but a friend of mine was on Skype with me this week, and he said he had the privilege of watching some of the cutscenes. He claims that from what he saw, this game has the best Tails portayal he's seen for quite a long time.

He's not the kind of guy who'd lie about stuff like that, so I'd log that away for future consideration.

18. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Um... they've been doing that since Sonic Adventure.

19. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

They've also been doing green eyes since Sonic Adventure. :v:

20. Kylegamer98

Kylegamer98

Forever Trial Member Member
    I think this games going to pull a Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    When New Super Mario Bros Wii, an all 2-D game, came out, I was having fun. When Galaxy 2 came out, it had 2-D and 3-D sections. I had much more fun in the 2-D sections of SMG2 than the entirety of NSWBW.
    Just replace Galaxy with Colors, and NSMBW with Sonic 4.