don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Oh my God clearer Planet Wisp and Green Wisp music is <3

I know I should be more excited about the awesome gameplay being shown, but from day one I have been enamored with the soundtrack. Pink Wisp looks like it'll be pretty fun to use. Only about a month to go here in America, going to be a tough wait.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I'm also loving the soundtrack so far. There's more to hear and more I'm excited for.

The soundtrack apparently has 82 songs on it, comparing to Unleashed which had 91 songs on the soundtrack. It's my theory from paying attention to videos that each of the seven stages (not including final) will have 6 songs to go with it; 3 versions for the normal stages (which means each song is used for two acts each) and then each of the three themes has a retro version. This would mean there are 42 regular stage themes and the other 40 songs would include the inevitable stuff like boss music, cutscene music, menu music, vocal songs, final stage, etc. I am seriously thinking of importing and buying the soundtrack as I'm loving it and like to support good musical scores and composers. (reason I bought the Alan Wake Original Score)

Also we have an official cover art piece for the soundtrack. It is suitingingly colorful.

[​IMG]

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah now all we need to do is get Yahtzee to like it. last time he reviewed sonic unleashed and he ripped it apart with extreme rage!

He gave halo reach an "eh. its ok." review and he usually hates halo. maybe there is hope of him liking colors.

EDIT: I'm liking that OST cover. wonder if they will include the DS tracks as well?...

5. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Quoted for extremely preferable likelihood. I just hope they alter the design to include a bit more Sonic Adventure (Sonic-Tails-Knuckles)-style level design and a little less Unleashed/Heroes-style level design. That being said, Colors looks like a fun game. Already preordered it.

6. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I am really tempted to buy this now. I might even get Rush 3.

7. For $50, the soundtrack should have like three discs, so it's entirely likely it'll have the DS tracks, especially if they're not dumbed down versions of the Wii soundtrack.

It's funny, I'm usually one of the ones squeeing over new music releases, and yet I've kept myself remarkably faithful to not spoiling the music for myself until the soundtrack comes out. I think the only snippet of music I've listened to was the main theme from the very first Colors trailer.

EDIT: Had a major derp moment and went to go check the VGMdb page; the Colors soundtrack DOES have three discs, judging from the catalogue numbers.

8. Vertex

Vertex

Define 'normal'.
    Just thought I'd say, we should be getting 3 more trailers in the same style as the last two. Notice the question marks?
    And I don't know if anybody has mentioned that Miis are playable in 2p yet. First I heard of it was seeing it on the back of the game cover at EB games.

9. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'm loving the OST cover. It looks so ridiculously 90's, it's awesome.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

11. Vertex

Vertex

Define 'normal'.
    My thoughts exactly. And the game's cover has been in stores for days.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Also my thoughts exactly.

I mean, it's just...who...what...how........why? :psyduck: At least the idea is absurd enough to be cool. Can't wait to see people make Mario Mii's and race 'em if true.

13. Sounds interesting, but I'll probably never use a Mii in multiplayer.

I have been wondering what that orb of light in the DS multiplayer video is supposed to be, and how you're supposed to play as it, though. I don't think I like the soundtrack cover, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to buy it.

14. Sokaris

Sokaris

Here is a man who stood up. Member
    It's a display of the person you're racing against

15. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I've got all kinds of Miis I could use to race against a Sonic robot. That sounds like it could be fun.

Finally, Sonic VS Jesus on a level playing field.

16. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Did anyone else notice that the boost appears to be slower in Sonic Colors DS? I mean, when you weren't distracted by Fireball Sonic charging up and exploding all over the screen. That's fucking cool.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It'll be the Mii's head plastered on a body that's modeled and animated specifically for the game.

18. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Sale. Done deal, game is bought already. All I need to do now is wait for it to come out, get some moneys, and pay for it. This game can be as broken as sonic 4 and I'll buy it anyways.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Now we finally have that Mario and Sonic platformer people wanted! :specialed:

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Since this rumor is getting out of control why doesn't the person who started it go back and take pics of this pre-order box?