don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love how the badniks aren't pushovers in this game. It's been a while since Sonic has faced in game enemies that actually present any sort of a threat, and what better way to do so than to race motobugs in space?

This is good, because I like the badniks. The egg pawns on the other hand, they deserve to die.

2. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

My excitment levels for this are even higher than when I saw that first Rooftop Run video.

The water sections seemed very decent, he drags but not much. And then the Motobug race... oh this can't come soon enough.

3. ancara

ancara

All we need now is a cutscene where an Egg Pawn and a Motobug chat with each other, and then I can die happy. :v:

Still, This will indeed be an epic game. I shall definitely get it when I get the chance to do so.

4. Yet another impressive trailer! Hooray!

It seems they're bring back the tradition of Sonic punching you in the face, like at the end of the Genesis games and the 3D Blast title screen.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You know, I may be speaking out of turn here referring to the sonic fandom at large, but it seems to me like we're all just like little children that have been teased with delicious cookies for far too long.

There has to be a catch somewhere. Sonic games haven't looked this good since god knows when. There has to be a catch...right?

On a side note, I feel the same way about the name of this game that I felt about the Wii's name. "This name is retarded", I thought. Now it's more like "I wouldn't call it anything else in the world!".

6. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

There isn't a catch. If you're suspicious of Sonic Colors, it's likely because of something that has been apparent from almost the very beginning when it was first revealed—the fact that it's gameplay is going to be very similar to Sonic Unleashed, save for being augmented by the wisp powers. If you aren't a fan of Unleashed's daytime gameplay, along with its level design save for some differences, that would be this game's "catch", but it's not. It was to be expected.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I think you're missing the point. I can't exactly explain the point to you without breaking a rule though. Something about cycles.

In any event, I'll be buying a Wii by this time next year/Black Friday this year. Hopefully there'll be some DLC goodies by then. Wii can do DLC addons to games, right?

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No it can't not for actual games (only wiiware). if it did, that Metroid other M recall would've been an easy fix.

Cycle has been broken long ago. your point is null & void. :)

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Au contrare. That was the point :).

10. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    No Wii DLC? Learn something new every day, I suppose. Too bad, too. Colors has some awesome DLC potential.

11. There's no actual limitation against doing DLC for the Wii, it's just that having only 512 MB of space isn't too good for all-new content, including patches.

12. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Well, the Wii can support up to 32 gb SD cards as of an update last year. Originally it was only 4.

But man, this game DOES have so much potential for DLC. I can imagine new Simulator levels, maybe even new main game levels.

13. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    If you like your new Sonic Colours trailers sans-Gamespot watermarking by the way, I've just put up the EU version.

<div align='center'></div>

14. Ah, excellent. I dislike Gamespot and I dislike the American spelling of "Colours" for some reason.

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    What a coincidence. That stupid unnecessary "u" that makes me read "colors" in a weird sort of mispronounciation annoys me to no end.

... :v:

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    cuh-loooooors

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd here we go again! :psyduck:

Thanks for the alt. trailer AAUK.

18. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

This game has a really awesome soundtrack. I'm actually looking forward to this. :)

19. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I feel like I'm missing out on something. Maybe it's because I've never really liked a 3D Sonic game before.

20. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member