don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    That's precisely what I did. That's how I came to 10 meters per second. It's hard to really judge it right though, as there's no way for me to make a second loop over and over again to get a closer look.

The reason I ask is because it looked like Sonic was running at pretty average human running speeds. I was more or less right. The world record holder currently has a top speed of around 28 mph. That's just about 10 meters per second. Fancy that.

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Data taken from, and consistent throughout, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles
    Height: 40 pixels
    Normal top running speed: 360 pixels/s, 9 "heights" per second.

According to the model sheets, Sonic is just over a metre tall - this means Sonic runs at just over 9m/s.

So... he's running at about the speed of the classic games.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    That's interesting too. Now that I watch the video again, that comparison to the genesis series looks about right too. Good to see my estimate of 10 m/s wasn't too far off (9.9 m/s in actuality). Thanks for the clarification DigitalDuck. You may all resume excited conversation and ignore my odd remarks.

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    That's really cool. How fast does he go in boost? If he goes at ten usually, I would guesstimate he's going roundabouts 13 or 14. Have you clocked it?

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I could take a look at it again and make a guesstimate.

EDIT: yea, looks about 13-14 m/s to me. Maybe a little more, like 15 or 16 m/s.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  7. Fucking A, finally. Now I know what I have to save for and how much. "Color" me interested now.

On a side note, December? That's really soon for a Sonic soundtrack; normally soundtracks don't come out for at least like three to four months after a game's release.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    That's because SEGA have realised that they've already been pirated by everyone by the time it's usually released.

9. Well, the game rips, yeah. Which are typically of an inferior quality to the soundtrack.

By the title of the album "Vivid Sounds/Hybrid Colors" and the price, roughly $50 USD, I'm sure it's a two-disc set, and I'm wondering if one disc will be the Wii soundtrack and the other the DS soundtrack.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No that's been canned too. The 1up jingle in this game is the same used from Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed. Sounds kind of similar but it's too different to be the same

Also Soundtrack fuck yes I can't wait to hear a full version of the Planet Wisp song

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It's the Chaos Emerald jingle with different instrumentation.

12. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    A soundtrack CD, eh? Cool, I rather like what I've heard from colors thus far. I do hope it's less than 50 bucks, though. That's a bit too expensive for a soundtrack.

13. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I'm sure it will be easy to aquire for less than $50

Eh? Eh? X3

14. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    I really hope that not many people will pirate this, or at least will buy this after pirating it. We need to give sega support for making a game that looks like it'll be this good.

15. Oh, I'll definitely be buying it, as I always do. And then sacrifice its rip to the Internet as a princess to a hungry dragon. >.>

Also, what quarterman said reminded me. If it's around $50, it might actually be a three-disc album, as both Sonic the Hedgehog Original Soundtrack (2006) and Planetary Pieces: Sonic World Adventure Original Soundtrack cost that much and had three discs.

16. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I'm my case, It's more like "buy first; pirate later," because I have a pre-order deal that sends me games earlier, and this gives me a head start to pirate and leak the games before the actuall street release day! :specialed:

Now, in all seriousness, the soundtrack CD won't even be necessary at all, since the entire soundtrack will be available in lossless format, with loopable points in day -1.

17. I wish I knew how to rip stuff from Wii discs, or even 360 discs. It would make acquiring the music from games so much easier.

18. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Are you kidding me? go take a look around FFshrine then come back and tell me that.

Their only "inferior" as the people who ripped them.