don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've already said how fucking epic looking this is over at Sega 16, but, this looks fucking epic!

Good work on this Tweaker + Team Megamix!

2. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    22 speed boosters in one act? Well guess what, hack dropped!

Kidding, kidding, the level looks really great, like something out of CD. The music's catchy too.

3. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Holy shit... loving it! I look forward to seeing this in the playable ROM / ISO, it will be fun. Lemme guess - inspired by Stardust Speedway? :P

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This has got to be one of the best looking fangame levels ever made. Kudos for making such a beautiful stage and great music to go with it! :)

Why? It looks like a slightly more organized Stardust Speedway :v:

5. Chaud

Chaud

The music was like... OH MY EFFING GOD. Serioulsy, amazing job there. I need this music, now!

As for the graphics:

Yeah, this. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great - superb attention to detail. But at times, it is a little confusing. Specifically; the part from 1:07 to 1:14 in the video was a little hard on my eyes. Other that that, great job!

6. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Well, well. I'm loving what I'm seeing. The song made me head bang, which is always swell. Quite cool, sweet and catchy I might add. As for the level design, well...it's smexy to say the least. And it's nice to see the zone isn't a recolored Star Light Zone anymore. :v:

In any case, I'm looking forward to everything else to come.

Good job and good luck, Team Megamix! I salute your efforts. :thumbsup:

7. Thousand Pancake

Thousand Pancake

Being a food you put milk on and then eat in the m Member
    I've always wanted a Stardust Speedway without the cramped, claustrophobic layout.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Starry Night Zone is better but its still cramped. There are very few areas in the video clip that are open areas.

9. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    It didn't look that great to me, unfortunately. Bubblenaut placements completely shutting down pathway advancement is obnoxious looking, and a lot of the sections are pure filler. Criss crossing auto-mode paths are cool looking, but are just that. The general idea of this level seems to be; Keep Sonic fast, have very few platforming elements, place a booster at every enemy deprived spot possible, and throw in areas where you have to wait dead still for progress to make the level not seem so automated (Those bubblenauts, platforms that lower and rise).

The graphics are nice, but many of the elements don't seem to fit. It's often hard to tell what is background and foreground unless standing still, which leaves a bad taste for me. Those colored bars in the walls burn my eyes too...

The music is top notch, but I can't tell if it's an original comp or not.

Since the aim seems to be "Let's Create Sonic CD 2 without Time Travel", it's doing a damn fine job at that. I however, hated most if not all of the unique elements of Sonic CD, so it doesn't hit home too much with me.

Edit: The Speed counter is a nice touch, but needs less hex.

10. I rather like that music and the neon Stardust Speedway style. Better than the Michael Jackson music.

11. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    The last time I saw an update they had only shown changes to the first Zone and its boss. I can't wait to see what they did to all the zones between the first one and this one. This will probably feel like an entirely different game than the last build, and that's why I really like how all of the previous build releases are always kept in Sonic Retro's database.

12. Amethyst

Amethyst

I hope not. I like not having a 32x and being able to run this on hardware.

13. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I'll be quite happy if they do. I spent far too much getting a European 32X, and I don't even like Chaotix. I'd like to be able to justify the purchase.

14. Cormax

Cormax

Very good. I'm really liking the music and the speedometer was a nice idea. Can't wait to play this.

15. Moogle!

Moogle!

It sucks.

....that we can't play this yet. ;)

16. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    What would really be ideal is a Regular, CD, AND 32x port. But that's not feasible and 32x would be a dumb move without some kind of new gimmick, such as Chaotix's special stages.

17. Chaud

Chaud

Damn, I really can't stop watching it, because of the music. Now that I found it - damn, so good!

The beta render is awesome too. I can't stress enough - great job guys. This effing thing is on a loop here since 1 hour ago. :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the next one!

18. thanx for sharing the link :D

also the more I listen to it, the more it sounds like something CAPCOM would make (like something for a Megaman game or something)

19. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    That music is indeed fantastic, though IMO it's missing the awesome vocal samples that made CDJP's soundtrack (its clear inspiration, as it seems) so fun.

20. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.