don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. I just call it hat insurance.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I don't have to worry about pre-ordering anything, my local gamestop always has everything in stock no problem on launch day. No one ever bothers to go there if it's not for big monopolized releases like Halo or some other shit, it's always easy picking for me when it comes to everything else. I will have no problem grabbing a copy of Colors on launch day.

....if I even feel like getting it.

3. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Where did you pre-order the game from? I didn't realise we were getting pre-order bonuses for this game here in the UK (I've not seen any when I've been looking around).

4. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    If I preoder, it's usually because I won't actually have the money when the game comes out. I can pay for it little by little until the full total is reached.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I only noticed it because it was posted earlier in the thread, but Argos is doing a figurine if you pre-order either the DS or Wii version online:

<a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5738212/Trail/searchtext&gt;SONIC+COLOURS.htm" target="_blank">http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...NIC+COLOURS.htm</a> - DS
    <a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5738229/Trail/searchtext&gt;SONIC+COLOURS.htm" target="_blank">http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...NIC+COLOURS.htm</a> - Wii

I went for the DS one as I'm hoping that US hat makes an appearance with the Wii version elsewhere =P The figurine deal is being done elsewhere in Europe (and Oz) by other local-to-the-country chains.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I live days away of distance from the U.S., and yet we actually receive the games earlier. I always pre-order the games I'm interested in as soon as the game is available for pre-sale, and the store always ships the games to me days before the actual street release date. Usually at fridays morning, my package is already at my door's steps. It became a tradition; a long term relationship, since 2004.

That being said, if the game don't get delayed, I'll probably have it at November 12th, in the least.

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Awesome, thanks for that, I must have missed that part of the thread. It's really good to see a nice little pre-order bonus with Sonic games for a change. I'll probably go for the Wii version myself; even if the nice hat does make an appearance over here, I already have a hat that's really similar to it (came from somewhere in California, don't remember exactly where, it's something Orenge brought over here with him).

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    For people that live in the Netherlands or Belgium, 12game.com is a pretty good site if you want to pre-order games. You'll have to pay it forward, but you usually get the game on release day, if not the day after. The prices are pretty good too.
    Here are the pages for Sonic Colours:
    Wii version + figurine
    DS version + figurine

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    My wii is modded, so I actually can't pop in retail discs out of fear that they'll remove the HBC, so buying Sonic Colors is actually a formality for me. It'll just go on my shelf next to Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Unleashed.

the upside, though, is that since I've actually paid off my preorder, I have no qualms about grabbing the game online as soon as it hits. Which means I might get to play the game a few days early off my HDD.

10. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Block updates harder. You'll never need to deal with anything updating your Wii.

11. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Oh I know, but it's just pointless to use the disc drive.

Especially when I have a 250 gb HDD connected.

12. Mainman

Mainman

Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave Member
    Scotland
    'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
    If your Wii is only 'software modded' (ie. You've installed the Homebrew Channel and some of its compatible apps, but did not open and alter the Wii's basic hardware to do so), then it's perfectly alright to allow (at the time of writing) the newest System Menu update to be applied, either via a recent Retail Disc or by launching the Shopping Channel, just as long as your Homebrew Channel is updated to the latest version. Use http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiBrew:News to keep track of the newest System Menu updates, and look at the articles on the System Menu versions themselves for detailed info on whether or not you can update yet.

(For the record, I use my Homebrew Channel as a replacement for the Datel 'Freeloader', a region-breaking disc which was disabled in an official update a long time ago)

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Sweet. It's nice to know the HBC isn't dead. Now maybe I can install DOSBoxWii and--*shot*

So yeah, I'll definitely be grabbing this game, preorder or not. Hell, I think I might at least rent the DS version. Just not now. With college demanding most of my time, I want to get my money's worth and suffer a little bit now so I can reap my sweet, delicious reward(s) later. Speaking of which, time to load up PuTTy.

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well at least your one of those pirates who actually BUYS the game(s) they pirate. I believe the old rule is "As long as you buy the game, the game companys have no problem with you priating"

PM me a tutorial about homebrewing your wii I just got mine back. Preferably video.

15. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I sidestepped this issue by just having 2 Wii's, one for legitimate use, one for less than legitimate use lol Its a good way to determin if games are actually worth buying, unless I have already decided to buy it, like Colours XD

burn it - hate it - chuck it
    burn it - love it - buy it

the only people that "loose" are the people making shit games

16. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    I love our fanbase so so much.

Fans: "Sonic Colors? What kind of name is that...you ruin my life Sega!"
    Sega: "Oh btw, you get a cheap sweatshop Sonic hat"
    Fans: "BEST GAME EVER!"
    Sega: "Don't wear it in public"

I love the smell of Sega's puppets.

In all honesty this game is just another Unleashed (like that hasn't been said). I personally didn't enjoy Unleashed at all in the slightest. I will be skipping this one like I have been for 4 years. I will however be looking for cutscenes for the next 30 year old doing an impression of a 15 year old and failing hard.

Sega needs a revamp, seriously.

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I don't really understand the point you're trying to make here. And whatever it is, the hats are a very flimsy reasoning for it. It's goofy, cheap and stupid, and that's exactly why people like it. It's funny because of its stupidity. That's how I see it.

I can't argue with you not liking Unleashed, that's your opinion. Though I feel that Unleashed had ideas that were strong enough to be carried on to new installments and to be honest, I can tell that I'm going to have a blast with Colors; I would have loved for some more free-form sections like the Sonic Adventure "Adventure Stages" to have been included so platforming wouldn't be restricted only to the 2D sections, but that's another matter.

And though we've only heard the grunts and mini-sounds from the new Sonic voice actor, he's a capable one. I've listened to his demo reels and he has talent; it may take some time for him to hit his stride, but from the preview that we heard earlier, I have no reason to be anything but optimistic for his new voice.

18. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    I'm wondering how they're going to handle story mode in the DS edition.. Like if they're going with the static text and pictures like in the Rush titles, or recreate and render the scenes with the game's 3D models or go through the trouble of adding the cutscenes from the Wii edition into the DS version...

19. Felik

Felik

WTF are you talking about? People loved Colors long before Sonic hat was confirmed to be given on preorder.

20. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Those hats are pretty stupid looking, I think. I'd slap myself if I realized my incentive to preorder the game rather than buy it on release day was to get a goofy looking blue hat.