don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Actually, you get an Achievement for each.

Anyway, these trailers just make me want this game more and more.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That Tails fact is god tier trolling, stay classy SEGA.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thank you soo much.

DAAAAAAAWWWW isn't that just a shame then :). you're just going to have to get your hopes up now arn't you?

4. Mainman

Mainman

Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave Member
    Scotland
    'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
    Actually, I dropped a hint for this behind some Spoiler tags in my earlier post. Always be paranoid about those black-background ones!

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Not really. Tails is inventor mode has consistantly proven to have near zero personality. He's perfectly sensible and passive about everything and has zero chemistry with the other characters, even Sonic (I don't see generic 'long time no sees' as conveying a real bond). Being a 'blind follower' isn't on par with having some sort of plausible friendship and attachment to Sonic, at least I'd like to think that Tails didn't just dump his bond with Sonic just because he didn't need him for guidance anymore. Tails as hero-idolizing child was a cute, hyperactive brat that swelled in character and sentiment, inventor Tails has little to him outside making deus ex machinas and knowing how just about everything in the friggin' story works before just disappearing into the background. Outside a slight nervousness he has ZERO flaws. Boring.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing a composite of sorts. Abiding by the OVA an inventor Tails that still possesses a child like naivete and little brother bond with Sonic can make for good multi faceted characterization.

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Cool trailer is cool.

NOOOOO. My first complaint. It was bound to happen.

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    *Pops a S3 Flame shield monator*
    I think it's finally time to bring in Rotor from SatAm/Archie. We need him to take the roll of Sonic's "Mr. Fix it" So Tails can finally build his character again, and possibly become playable again.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm sure Tails could be both a childish Sonic-wannabe AND a Mr. Fix-it without too much trouble. It's not like he hasn't been before, and his character was generally pretty good in that regard.

9. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    So... Let me get this straight. After more than a decade of Tails admiring Sonic and his heroics, now he just wants to invent and couldn't give two shits about Sonic's heroics? What the fuck. No, let me say that again.
    What. The. Fuck.

Sega, what the hell are you doing? What are you thinking? Are you even thinking at all?

10. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    I was thinking that the new veiw on Tails wasn't so bad, but then I realized that him not adoring Sonic is just as out of place as Amy not caring for him. It practically takes away the character's reason to exist.

11. Since you guys love Sonic so much... SPIKEY FACT: Sonic is more interested in changing his voice and the length of his limbs than Tails' mechanics.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    GODDAMNIT THERE GOES MY SONIC X TAILS FANFIC BECAUSE NOW IT WOULD BE ALL OUT OF CHARACTER ;_;

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Aw let's face facts NEITHER of them want to be next to each other outside a necessary mission. As pointed out in Chronicles Sonic is a jerkish nomad that sees his friends as personal cheerleaders he can abandon for months and then come back to and expect to idolize and be surbordinate to him. Tails on the other hand just seems to turn off whenever he isn't making something for Sonic. Neither of them have anything in common (not even in a 'so different yet so similar manner) or foil each other in any regard, and thus they just seem like despensible associates to each other. They don't even look at each outside when Eggman comes with some new threat. Hardly a 'surrogate brother' relationship.

This would make more sense really, since you'd expect even an intelligent eight year old to have SOME flaws in intellegence. There's a difference in being educated and intelligent, you can be advanced in one aspect and completely inept in the other. Sonic is resourceful and wisdomic but pretty book dumb. He could possibly foil Tails better if the latter were educated and book smart but have a child like naivete to the physical world. That and it would give him a plausible flaw. Tails is too smart and mature in EVERYTHING.

14. Namo

Namo

I'm going to have to stop you there. If Chronicles is canon, then I'm a 3-legged monkey.

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    This looks so fucking incredible

Love the music. Love the style. Love everything. Sonic Colors rules!

16. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    It would be awesome if the nickname turned out to be "Ro-butt-nik", but that's just my opinion.

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
  18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Unlikely, considering they seem to be ignoring the Western name altogether now.

Smeggman is unlikely for a game aimed at children, but you never know...

19. Namo

Namo

Fucking echoed. Eggman and Sonic just look cool as hell in this game. And especially that grin Eggman did. That gave me chills it was so awesome.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

DAT 'STACHE!

[​IMG]

DAT GRIN!