don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mainman

Mainman

Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave Member
    Scotland
    'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
    Double-confirmed; he still suffers from an extreme case of Phantasy Star Online Jitters.

Something to note is that the achievement (and possibly the trophy) for unlocking Metal Sonic does not unlock simultaneously with the 130 Emblems achievement. Instead, it will be granted once Metal is chosen in the Trial mode character select screen.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Wait, what? That's silly. You get two achievements for 100%ing the game then.

3. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Only if you pay 5 bucks more :ssh:

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    If you have a severe phobia of the word "metal", you'll never get the second Achievement.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    EDIT: Oh you just need to SELECT Metal Sonic. Weak.

You did Big's missions before Gammas?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaat

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I do Big's missions before Gamma's. I usually do Sonic - Knuckles - Big - Tails - Amy - E-102 Gamma.

7. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Why not? After having to deal with Big's final level again, I imagine I'd want to go shoot things too.

8. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I do Gamma's entire episode (?) the second I unlock him. I love Gamma. I'm Gamma's number 1 fan and I have a recolor and fanfics to prove it.

Okay, kidding, but seriously, Gamma is my favorite Sonic Adventure 1 character.

9. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Ok, so I bought the PS3 version. I'm not familiar with the PC port, I have only played the GC version, but was the PC version always suffering from the music fucking up when loading between areas, or is that a new bug they somehow managed to add?

EDIT: In fact, the Mystic Ruins music is completely broken. It stutters like a scratched CD when running around that area.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I can't say anything about the pc version outside of the original demo years ago but things like menu screens and loadings of the next area in an act will start the music again from the beginning no matter how small, the DC version does it too.

Always annoyed me in amy stages as her twinkle castle stage has about 4 segments, three of them back to back and short, music will just restart every time.

11. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Completed the Story with everyone, now to do missions.

Did the Story as: Sonic - Big - Tails - Gamma - Knuckles - Amy - Super Sonic.

Any tips on Chao raising and Big Fish catching? (Never did Chao raising in SA1, I just used SA2(B) for it

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's been so long since I dealt with SA 1(DX) Chao I can't give any tips on that, but just a friendly reminder to get every power-up with Big, since I believe that unlocks some of the fish you have to catch for beating his Missions.

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Just destroy Badniks for animals, and make sure you know what kind of animal adds the stats you want to your Chao. Once you've completed the game you can easily go to any level in Adventure mode and exit once you've gotten ten critters. Buy fruit too. I imagine going back to the levels for animals could net you extra rings. And just be patient with them, they're bound to get more able to compete once they evolve into adult Chao.

For Big, make sure you've got all the Lures. I think there's....four, not counting the hidden one you can't get without cheats (where Tails's Jet Anklet usually is). One behind Twinkle Park, one in the Mystic Ruins jungle, one in an Egg Carrier jail cell, and...hmmm...is there one in Ice Cap? It's been a while. I think I'm missing that one on my XBLA file, if that's where it is.

I did Sonic - Knuckles - Big - Gamma - Amy - Tails, when I went through story mode. Worked out pretty well. I'm missing a couple of Adventure Field emblems, but I'm gonna go play in a bit. I'll find 'em then. Man, it's been way too damn long since I've gotten all 130...not since the weekend SADX came out for GC, June of '03.

14. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    The PS3 version's out and I just found out about it. Anyway, um, Metal Sonic is DLC now? I haven't looked for myself but from what someone's told me who bought it (I'm not buying the same damn game again that I own on Gamecube, especially since chao raising wouldn't be any fun without SA2B) Metal Sonic can be bought now. Does that mean we don't need to earn him anymore? That would be great. But only in my wet Sonic Adventure dream where Super Sonic is fully playable and every character can go to every part of the Adventure Field without cheating. :specialed:

Also, are the GG games still there? That would be hilarious.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    You'd best get the PC version then. Hax have made ALL of that possible.

16. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I'll look for a torrent and system requirements right away! :specialed:

Anyway I just looked for myself. Um, what the fuck SEGA? Cheap ass mother fuckers make you buy the Director's Cut version instead of just throwing that up instead of the piece of shit DC/PC version? Doesn't the Director's Cut contain bug fixes and shit?

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The "base" version is pretty much the director's cut, minus the new features. Any bugfixes are still intact. So are a whole lot of new bugs.

All the DLC adds is director's cut content, no engine changes AFAIK.

18. I don't mean to jump to the defense of childhood-rapists, but them separating the DLC and the main Game into two packages doesn't bother me. Together, they're $15. That's hardly too much for a digital copy of Sonic Adventure DX.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I just got my Avatar shoes after dicking around in the Chao Garden all night. I'm raising the golden Chao into a Neutral Speed Chao, one of the defaults into a Hero Swimming Chao, and I guess Dark Power for the other one. I'll figure that last one out for sure later. Perhaps I'll bring the silver Chao over from my Mystic Ruins garden and focus it on Flying. It's too bad we can't compete online with them.

20. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I wasn't going to buy this, but I realized I had some credit in my Amazon account so I used that to get a copy of this even though I already own the DC and GCN versions. Anyway, I'm not experiencing any audio differences between the GCN/PC versions. Mystic Ruins music is perfectly fine for me, no stuttering. Maybe they were trying to slow it down for PAL and fucked up that version?

The only noticeable difference I see that I don't know if anyone has pointed out is the level loading. At the start of a level, the title card appears for a bit then the screen goes black for just as long before the level starts. I don't recall there being black between the title card and level starting before. Same goes for the loading of new segments mid-level. The screen goes black while those load, in the GCN and DC versions the previous screen would 'freeze' while they loaded so the load seemed a bit quicker.

Overall, nothing unexpected here. I hope we get something that hasn't already had a PC port in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.