don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    I think what splits it is that I hear besides the 30 seconds acts there are some stages that can take 5-10 minutes to complete. So it's a mixture. Whatever the case we should get Dread's full opinions pretty soon. In fact, within the next 6 hours I would reckon...

I need to see it to believe it since 20 hours sounds surprising to me too, but it's what Iizuka claimed and Dread mentioned it was over 20 hours. Let me get a direct quote.

EDIT: Got direct quote!

Copied from a message board but I guess we'll get more clarification tomorrow. Keep in mind his build stops at Aquarium Park I believe, the first 5 stages were fully playable. Also he can clarify if he means 20 hours for all missions, 20 hours through the story mode, or 20 hours just playing.

2. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Because turning 180 degrees is impressive, or even worthy of being considered a "move."

Cut the crap, they're both Sonic games in 2D/2.5/3D/whatever coming out soon. I'll compare them if I please. Sonic 4 being a download-able game isn't really an excuse either. Chimpos provided plenty of examples and then some that show Sonic 4 is underachieving.

But that debate belongs in the respective thread.

Edit: I wouldn't want to continue it anyway, since it'd just dead end with no conclusion.

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    *Reads these Eggman quotes*

Could... Could it be?! Could this be what I've secretly been waiting for!? The combination of
    [​IMG] AND[​IMG]

Merging the villainy and design of Modern Eggman with the Charm and Comedy-perks of AoSTH Robotnik?

I need this game NOW. Excuse me while I go build a time machine which will take me to the release date, which in retrospect probably will take as much time as waiting for the release date itself, which would be ironic.

4. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    He also has to be a complete genius.

I mean how can you go wrong with underwater robot samurais in space? HOW CAN YOU?

EDIT:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks to DJDaz. Might be coincidental but some of their remake badniks are weird.

It's like the Snail Blaster Elevator in the manga. It looks just like Snail Blaster from Sonic 3/CD/The Movie except as an elevator... Interesting...

5. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    The quotes do seem to make Eggman seem to be an actually funny and evil genius, which is pretty awesome. I do miss the Adventure 1 and 2 Eggman though, since he could -actually- be threatening and caring, rather than comedic. I dunno, I never really viewed Eggman as a comedic genius until he was made lighthearted ever since Heroes. (Hell, the closest we got to returning him to SA2 greatness is 06, but we all know how bad that was.)

Also, simple answer to your statement: Time travel to this point of time when you finish the time machine, and give the time machine to the past version of you, so that they wouldn't have to wait to play the game. Oh wait... You've caused a time paradox! Snake, you can't do that!

6. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Slightly related.

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I love you.

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    @ Dusk Golem: ...holy crap awesome. There are some differences, but that could very well be what it looks like.

Actually, didn't Dreadknux or AAUK mention there'd be a larger Motobug yesterday at SSMB? Perhaps this is a similar situation to that.

...though imagining a giant Motobug chasing Sonic Interceptor-style is pretty lulzworthy.

9. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    This thing does look pretty damn awesome.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I was expecting that clip to turn up after that.

Yeah I like they're getting to add more genuinely funny lines for Eggman to make a 'composite character' of sorts (Eggman has always been a funny point in the games but in a kinda childish clitche sort of way like most other instances). I just hope they don't overdo his 'zaniness' till he's nothing BUT a walking gag collection, eg. Dr Neo Cortex or Stewie Griffin.

Now they HAVE to call him Robotnik again, just to hear Pollock try and replicate Baldry's prrrrrronounciation. lol

It's resemblance to the Asian levels in Wrath Of Cortex is outright uncanny:

[​IMG]

Admitedly not the best reference pic, here is a better comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Qp8X19kPs

11. glem3

glem3

Well, that's what I'm doubtful about. Let's say every act is 10 minutes long, that's still only 5 hours of gameplay.

So this gameplay is coming from SOMEwhere else and I have a feeling it has to do with going back to past levels with new whisps and finding new exits or something. There's gotta be something that extends this game to 20 hours, and I hope it's not cutscenes.

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Mike Pollock is probably my 2nd favorite Robotnik VA next to Long John Baldry. I'm very glad SEGA kept him.

13. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
  14. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
    I did. On here actually.

New Eggman quotes on Sonic Wrecks and the SonicGames twitter for those that can be bothered to find them. ;)

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

True, the fact they kept him makes me hopeful that SEGA are intent on actually intent on properly refining the VA cast for actors that sound professional and fitting enough for the characters rather than just shoehorning any new actors with no more experience for sheer locational convinience or promotions or something.

“Ouch! I think I gloated so hard I pulled a muscle!” – Dr. Eggman, Sonic Colours

These get funnier and funnier the more they come.

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    For the underwater level

"I thought I was rid of you, you Fish fondling fruit cake!"

17. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    <div align='center'>[​IMG]</div>

<div align='center'>Y helo thar</div>

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Hahahaha, how ironic. At least these badniks don't appear to be made out of paper mache, unlike a certain other game.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Ah, sorry 'bout that. With the amount of back and forth I've been doing between here and there it's been hard to keep track, haha.

20. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Oh come the fuck on, really? Colors needs to stop making Sonic 4 look so bad. It's getting a little pathetic now.