don't click here

Should I Buy Sonic Heroes?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Captain L, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    I really would like to buy Sonic Heroes, but because of it's incredible mixed reactions, I wanted to try the game out to see if I liked it before spending (I believe) 7 dollars on it. Unfortunately, places like Blockbuster won't let you rent it anymore, the Central MA libraries don't have it (now you have a hint on where I live, trolls), and I have no friends that own the game. So I have to ask the people who have played it, should I buy it? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    It's maybe worth the 99p it cost me on ebay, but don't expect a spectacular game.

3. Shade

Shade

As long as it's not the PS2 version, Heroes will give you what you pay for, for $7. Long, beautiful levels, great music, and a return to a more classic format. I enjoyed it more than I did Sonic Adventure 2.

4. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I really enjoyed it it. I'd say it's a better game than the Adventures, although the plot is somewhat lighter. Definitely worth 7 dollars.

5. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Controls are a bit wonky compared to Adventure, level designs are relatively bland and repetitive, but for $7, sure, the game's worth at least the price of lunch, isn't it? PS2 version's crap compared to the others, though, so don't get that one.

6. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    I enjoyed Sonic Heroes, I don't regret buying it

7. ParaRemix

ParaRemix

I'm pretty sure you can get it for 2 or 3 dollars on ebay at this point. To give you my take on the game.. I absolutely loved it when I first bought it. I put about 60 hours into it during the first week. It's an addicting game at first but you'll come to realize it's, at best, a very mediocre game. But there's no question it's worth the loose change.

8. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Heroes was great, and you can get it for next to nothing nowadays. As said above, not the PS2 version. =P

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    ...plus shipping.

10. ParaRemix

ParaRemix

True. Unless he can find that one of those $0.01 listings. =P

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I found the controls to be pretty much the same as Adventure 2's, and miles better than Sonic Adventure's. If you're looking to buy Heroes, go for it, as long as it's not the PS2 version. Back when I was 13/14. the PS2 version was amazing, but a few years later, I got it for Gamecube, and the difference in the quality of both controls and graphics is incredible. It's an amazing game.

Well worth picking it up if you can!

Actually, I can't believe it's 6 years old already! Time flew!

12. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Meh. If my playthroughs are any indication, you'll have fun for a while and then be sorely disappointed later. I say don't bother, but YMMV.

Seriously, though? It's a bad game. Don't bother. You'll have a better time playing as Sonic and Knuckles in Adventure.

13. DeeNinja

DeeNinja

A generic young member. Member
    Quick answer:
    Yes.

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Sure if you want 6 levels of excitement and then 16 levels of Hell in a CD

15. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Then do it.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    While I strongly encourage you to not buy it, your opening post already hints that you want to.

No sense in trying to convince you otherwise, but know you have a glitchy and repetitive shitfest ahead of you.

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I don't understand people who keep saying the game is glitchy and repetitive. Personally, I loved it and have had the most fun with it than any Sonic game released in the last few years. It really harks back to the classic Sonic days of yore and encompasses the same pick-up-and-play sort of nature that comes with it. The team element complicates things a bit more than it needs to, but it doesn't get in the way of how fun it is. And the music is just totally boss.

18. Dandaman

Dandaman

Also known as Dandaman955 Tech Member
    UK
    If you're going to buy it, get the GC version. I've never played the PC/XBOX version, but I have played the PS2 version and it was total suck compared to the GC version: more slowdown, controls were worse, some dialogue lines were skipped during gameplay.... I could go on for a while....

Bottom line: I think you should buy it. Compared to adventure, it was nothing special but has loads of redeeming factors about it, like Mystic Mansion and the music for example. You'll most likely love it, but it's a different cup of tea for everyone.

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    ^ I don't really hate it, I'm just always butthurt that I can never get past Rail Canyon. If I'm lucky I get to Bullet Station.

Also the Special Stages. The Special Stages.

20. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

By someone a bit more well known that me :thumbsup:

Seriously, if you want it, and you've already told us that you do, then get it.

It's a great game. Better than Adventure, better than Shadow, than Secret Rings, Black Knight, Unleashed, and a billion times better than that crapfest '06.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.