don't click here

PSP dpad issue

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jaseman, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    So my psp I refurbished and intend to keep had a myriad of issues. I fixed every single one of them except when I put it back together, the psp dpad is off. Up down and left work great, but right seems screwed up. It seems to press against the screen edge. Sometimes it works, sometimes it sticks down, and sometimes it won't work. Usually the latter.

What'd I do wrong and how do I fix it?

2. Peruant

Peruant

Just dropping in through gaps Member
    Maybe a faulty right button? It could be that or maybe there's some sticky dust under the button. Usually mines doesn't work if the inside is dirty.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    This happened to me with my analogue stick. Open it and check the rubber button thing under your D-Pad.

4. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Thought I'd bump this, as it's interfering with my use of the PSP even more now than it did. Same issue, but it's getting annoying, especially since I want to start using it again.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Wasn't this a design flaw with the original PSP?

6. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Do you have any tips for reassembling the PSP? I have never been able to take apart a PSP 1000 without it feeling wobbly when I put it back together. No matter how carefully I put the screws in it never feels solid again.

7. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    Yes, the button is a little funky due to the placement of the screen. Similarly, this is why the square button tends to rest lopsidedly and is very easy to push down.