don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. That's pretty cool. Maybe theme the runway to be similar to a piano? Have the requirement be to get to the end of the song without missing too many notes instead of just building up a combo?

2. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    The requirement would technically be that. The thing is that I had no time to write a full music. :D But the idea is to divide a song into 2 or 3 sections, and in before the checkpoint for each of the sections, you have to fill every dot in the lane (24 in the total) with the same color in order to proceed to the next one. If you don't, that same section of the song will loop and you'll have another opportunity to fill the 24 dots (in other words, to play as much notes as possible). However, at each consecutive orb of the same color you get, it changes the color, so you have to get the new color, or you'll end up filling your grid with different colors, so you have to plain carefully what notes you are going to play, or you'll end up messing things up.

3. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Are you going to make a level editor? Or will it do the whole Audiosurf generator deal?

4. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I have a level editor for the special stage, but it's not for the end user, in the same way that you cannot edit the special stages in Sonic 2, etc (unless if you hack the game). The notes are played on-the-fly, as if it was a piano, so they cannot be randomly generated.

For the pc version, I plan on making the special stage curves and bends based on the wavelenght of the back beat track. Unfortunatelly I cannot do this in the DS version because most of the music I'm using in it are sequenced, in order to save storage space (and RAM space in run-time).

5. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    I got off of my lazy arse (finally) and made a little site for my little app here. The app is downloadable there too, with fancy DMG. Feel free to download and check out.
    I just want some feedback on the overall design of that site thing.

6. Will this work in Windows? I have been looking for something to play game music files...

7. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Nah, it's Mac only for the time being, but I plan on an iPhone version and a web-based version.

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    "One minute it's hot, and then it suddenly gets chilly."
    [​IMG]
    "It's Magic!"

9. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    My doctor told me sudden changes from hot to cold aren't good for the circulatory system.

Ok seriously, awesome as always. I especially like the cold air out of Sonic's mouth. Maybe you could also add some kind of "Oh my god, coooold"-sprites for Sonic, like when he's shivering. =P

10. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Sonic is strong with an attitude, he'll never shiver in the cold.

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Wow you added animation elements as well? This keeps looking more and more intricate and cool.

Reminds me a bit of Crash Bandicoot games, the player's idle animation varied for whatever area you in.

12. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Whoa, that looks amazing. I wonder how you implemented this...
    To me it looks like the same level art with a different pallet applied.You gotta fix the HUD, though.

13. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    So I had a bit of a play around with Rom Hacking again after a break to do other projects. Last night I had a play around with a few old level art I created a while back and worked on a few bits and bobs and started to develop a few custom tiles.

[​IMG]
    First screenshot of "Sea Springs" just showing off one of the completed tiles, there is a bottom route With the little windows) and just the platformed grassy top route.

[​IMG]
    The screenshot above is just just show off this pole... It's got a rotating palette but obviously can't be seen in motion. I should be able to make a few tiles and pallette slots free in order to create some level features like Water Fountains and a very grey tiles to make a "upper" route. Since I'm trying to aim to have two tottally different looking places in the same level. A grassy field looking route along the bottom, then some man-made "hanging gardens" type place along the top. Hopfully I'll be able to describe a bit better what I'm aiming for with a few screenshots as I progress with the level.

EDIT: Also ignore any broken tiles you see in the pictures, I'm fully aware of them and they will be fixed, I haven't really worked on getting the tiles in the correct places yet since I'm still designing a lot more.

14. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Wow, that looks pretty nice! Looking forward to more.

15. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Wo ho! markey you sease to amaze me =P.

16. acidrainbows

acidrainbows

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Spick-and-Span
    I'm working on a hack.
    The working tile is "Sonic 2 Spick and Span".
    [​IMG]
    This is the first level: Emerald Tor Zone. As you can see Sonic's standing sprite is different.
    He looks at the screen when standing still, and its a sprite I found "deep" in the beta.
    [​IMG]
    The next one shows Sonic's new full speed running sprite. It looks
    sort of like the "Super Peel-out". It just altered to look like it "belongs" in the levels.

17. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    That's a pretty good start so far!
    So every time you stop, Sonic will just look at you, or what? Please make it so he only looks at you at the beginning of the level :)

But I like that SEGA logo with the Peel-outing Sonic.

18. acidrainbows

acidrainbows

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Spick-and-Span
    Yeah, when ever you stop he'll look at you. I'm not exactly to sure what you mean by "beginning of the level".
    Do you mean make him only look at you until the Title Card disappears, or for the "first part" of the actual level,
    like level layout?

19. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I think he means only after the title card loads shall Sonic stand like that. I can't wait to see more. Also MJ, I really like where your hack is going I definitely can't wait to see more. ^_^

20. Or you could have the looking at the player as an idle!