don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Thunder Force VI.

Ruined Green?

Bio Flame?

Ever Blue (This might work for base type level)

2. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    This. Definitely casting my vote for that one, for sure.

On another note, though...
    Dude, holy SHIT. This music is AWESOME! Thank you for enlightening me. :D

3. Aberdorf

Aberdorf

If you really likes that music, here it is the band's web site (with the albums section all for free download):

http://www.megadriver.com.br/site.cgi?pg=mp3

They covered a lot of other game music, making a whole album out of Sonic.

They're brazilian, that's why I know them.

4. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    I have the album already that's how I knew of it.

5. Hey, I don't know if any of you have seen the front page as of late, because this was among the many comments on the latest screens for this project:

Wow, for someone to willingly WANT to make music for this game speaks volumes.

6. dsrb

dsrb

If I'd heard of any of the productions for which he's credited, I'd be impressed. But that's unlikely, since most are in-house university things.

As promising as this particular project looks: As a general rule, someone offering to work on something doesn't automatically mean said thing is good. It may be that the person offering their services can't get any better work and/or they're just as crap as the project itself. :v:

Note: I'm not saying he's a bad composer; I haven't listened to any of his stuff, and have no reason to unless he actually does become involved.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Eh. There are plenty other "professional" looking Sonic projects for him to choose from. It could also just be that he saw this one first.

I just don't get all the hubbub over this game. I certainly didn't imagine Sonic 4 would look like this. Not saying it looks bad, but the art direction is decidedly un-sonic and overly busy. But this discussion has already been had and I don't intend to start it up again.

I also don't get the "Mercury is working on this so it'll automatically be hella awesome!!" mentality. The Sonic Physics Guide is there for all to see. I'm pretty sure he could get the engine genesis-perfect WITHOUT Mercury's help. I dunno, I guess I'll just reserve proper judgement till I play it or see it in motion for more than 10 seconds.

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    You'd be a damned fool not to take this guy up on his offer. I don't know how well he can do Sonic music, but I'd sure like to hear him try. You'd have the most professional fangame soundtrack going, anyway.

No matter what route you take with the music, please, just stear clear of straight up Sonic remixes. Especially Green Hill remixes. Please.

Maybe... Maybe he's not an accomplished programmer? A guide is swell and all, but it's not going to be of much use to anyone without some modicum of coding experience. Hence, get some help from someone who knows what he's doing. I don't see why this is such a big deal.

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Go with this guy. I listened to some of the stuff on his page and it is fantastic. Can he do Sonic? Who knows, but he can sure do music.

I've yet to comment on this project. It looks fantastic; it doesn't look too cluttered to me, the atmosphere is brilliant. That giant Mech got me really excited in that screen shot. I'm really glad to hear that classic physics are going to be applied here. I can't wait to see the final product.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I don't think "Sonic" is all that hard to do. Pulling it off with an orchestra though? Now that would take some skill.

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    If "Sonic" isn't so hard to do, why is it that so few people can pull it off? Radix Run is the only fan composition I've ever heard that even comes close to nailing the style.

12. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    this is the best thing I've ever seen

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    I meant in comparison to doing it with an orchestra. Besides, "Sonic" style is open to alot of interpretation. What I consider Sonic style others may not. All I know is that an orchestra is probably not the right way to go about it. Maybe for certain levels (Kanjika, you the man with that Sky Sanctuary arrangement dawg), but not for the whole game.

14. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    It's not about the guide, which is still woefully incomplete because I have very little time to add to it (I've actually had a complete overhaul in mind for a while now, but who knows when that will happen). It's about making use of my engine coding experience. The SPG is just brought up as an indication that I hopefully won't make a total botch of things and that I know what I'm doing.

That does sound a lot like it could be a beta Chaotix track or something.

15. DM Ashura

DM Ashura

Oldbie
    Atlanta, GA
    Sonic Gemini
    You guys DO realize I made that in like 8th grade right? <_<;

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    And it will always be awesome.

17. Those screenshots look excellent. Nice to know that you got Mercury on board for this as well. Just makes me want to play it even more

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It's really not that difficult. I imagine the reason most Sonic fans have trouble with it is because most Sonic fans aren't competent musicians. But that's generalizing; I have no trouble with it, personally. I often hear people tell me everything I make sounds like Sonic music. I would have considered offering my talents, but I honestly can't be bothered with another project to put on my shoulders right now. Besides, I don't even think I'll be able to run this game once it gets a release. Not worth the effort.

19. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Sending my two cents for composing music for the game.

20. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    My machine's crap and it runs around 30fps for me.