don't click here

SA1 Comes to XBLA & PSN.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Part of me wants to get it for the achievements, but then the sensible part reminds me that I have it on PC with a working Super Sonic to boot.

That, and I need to make Metal Sonic's model stop sucking.

2. Jof

Jof

Scotland
    Sonic Fantasy
    SEGA are being lazy as shit when it comes to these. Porting over so called "Dreamcast" games, when in actual fact theyre just porting PC code over from the PC releases of SA and Crazy Taxi (which is why Crazy Taxi is in 16:9). The only other first party Dreamcast game released on the PC was The House of the Dead 2, so you can guarantee that will be released next.

However, what are they going to do after that? Actually work on porting over cult classics? Or can the idea altogether?

(Actually, wasn't there banners found for Space Channel 5 as well? Is that just because that got a PS2 release?)

3. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Space Channel 5 is up on PartnerNet right now, and it's most likely because of the PS2 port. Sega Bass Fishing was released all over the place, including recently on the Wii. So these are your next two games. Don't count on them porting a game that hasn't been ported on the PC already, but SA2:B is still a possibility because of it's release that was a little over one year apart from the original Dreamcast one. Power Stone/2 is also a possibility because it was ported to the PSP, so that's probably next as well.

4. Sonic Adventure 2, obviously.

5. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Someone tell me why Crazy Taxi is in full HD and this isn't even in Widescreen?

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Because the PC version of Crazy Taxi was widescreen compatable and SADXW wasn't unless you edit like three lines of text. That's too much work for Sega, of course.

7. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Wasn't there a hint that Jet Set Radio might be showing up, or was that just fake?

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    If Sonic Adventure 2 Battle gets ported, I really hope they add online.

That was fake.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The port deserves no higher than this. They can't honestly expect to shove off yet another shitty port of Sonic Adventure and get away with good reviews can they? Besides they'll get what they want. Money, since this port cost a probably very small amount to make.

Only way I'm buying this game again is if they update all the in game models and textures (Not just Sonic and friends. This goes for everything, people, Robotnik, levels, etc.), fix the cutscenes so there isn't any more running in place crap, fix the camera, make the game widescreen and at least 720p, and update the archaic menu system. Since this is Sega, I can only dream

11. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I've got my points ready, just waiting for a download. =P

12. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    It's a poor port, but...seriously? Bar the Mystic Ruins area (and even then, the DX version adds a map) it really isn't that hard to navigate. Tikal's there to direct you aswell. The "two stone statues" part may be the only instance in which I got lost trying to enter a stage, and that was due to the silver statue in the jungle.

13. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    I honestly doubt IGN actually played the XBox Live version. It seems like they just took an angreyyy dreamcast review and stuck some inferences from the screenshots at the end.

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I honestly doubt IGN actually play any games they review. Then again, it's not a first-person shooter, so of course it'll get a low score.

15. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    shame it's an unknown amount of time until the PSN release.

16. Doppelgengar

Doppelgengar

I wish I wasn't broke this week, cause I'd be downloading it as soon as it goes up.

17. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Really?

Really?

His closing paragraph is classic Sonic hate review.

18. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    To get out of the lake in Mystic Ruins, you have to jump across a small series of platforms. That form steps, so aren't particularly hard to manage.

And that's the only example I can think of. You can get to just about everywhere else without even jumping.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't know... given how terribly Sonic Adventure, nevermind SA DX, has aged, that they're using the PC port, which is already bad enough, and that this is a horribly shoddily slapped together "HD port", 3.5 sounds just about right. I certainly wouldn't give it any higher just because of how utterly lazy it is.

Hell, they're not even offering anything new of substance with this. I don't know why you guys are so quick to bury the reviewer just for rightfully calling out the game as being shit.

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Oh, I don't care about the reviewer saying he thought the game was shit.

When he outright LIES in an review, that's when it's wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.