don't click here

Sonic - The Mission

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Candango, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsrb

dsrb

Yep, and "Turns out other fangame authors do this too!" isn't a good reason to do something. Shouldn't it be the exact opposite?

2. Try giving him a full running animation when he hits top speed. We don't need Sonic Heroes 2D.

With the art style of the game, I'd suggest using the Sonic Advance 1 run, not 2 or 3.

3. All you people do is complain and complain, sucking out the good there is in the project.

This is pretty good, the only complaint as others have said, is the art clashing, MD and Advance don't mix at all, so you may wanna do something about that. The engine does look solid, I'd give sonic slightly more gravity, other than that though, I like it! :)

+ - Excessive speed? Sonic? What the fuck are YOU on? First you guys complain how slow he was in 06, and then how fast he was in Unleashed. Pshhh :rolleyes:  

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    I'm talking about excessive speed (and level design associated) in 2D games, like Sonic Advance 2 or Sonic Rush.

5. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    It looks like you just tried to spruce up Sonic Advance. Poorly, I might add.
    My point being, when I look for good fan games, I look for new content.
    Add something new or GTFO.

6. Matwek

Matwek

Where did you get the sprites for the log bridge (around 4 secs into the video)? They look familiar but I can't make them out properly on the video.

7. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Emerald Hill Zone -_-

8. Matwek

Matwek

Whoops, bit slow today

9. Candango

Candango

Well, let's responses:

As I said earlier, the game is a beta version, so all this will be fixed later.

That's his opinion and I respect, but I can't please everyone.

Thank you. Turns out I'm thinking of things to really differentiate it. I think over time I'll add some different things.

At no time I decided to make a Sonic Heroes 2D, this is a project that came to my head and I'm trying very hard to produce it.

I believe that Sonic is one of the fastest of all characters. If not, it should be. So I can't understand how to complain if a character naturally fast is fast.

I'm not trying to embellish the Sonic Advance, I'm trying to make a fan-game graphics of the advance. The only similarity between the two are only a few graphics and no more.
    About adding something new I said before, so I ask you wait a little longer to see.

Sorry if at some point I seem to be rude. It wasn't my intention.

10. Innocence

Innocence

(ノ-_-)ノ Member
    This looks really good, I can't wait to play the final build. :)

11. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    Keep Sonic fast yo.

That said, it looks good. It might not have anything "innovative" in it, but at the same time, I'm sure that we've all played Sonic 3 & Knuckles countless times, and nothing "innovative" comes out of each play through.

It looks like Advance, but it seems to favor the old school games more. Just keep doing what you're doing, keep the criticisms in mind (like, maybe Sonic does need more gravity, but I'd have to play it to be sure), and make sure that the game is solid. And fun.

12. Candango

Candango

I believe this is the time more important topic, because I am making available a beta version of Sonic - The Mission to test you. Obviously the engine may have some bugs, but has none of that prevents a person to continue playing as the character hang or something.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/lUIQlLCn/BETA_...he_Mission.html

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoAPrSwV_rk

Controls:
    Z - jump
    Z + Z - Homming Attack
    Z + X - Light Dash / Blue Tornado
    Down + Z - Spin Dash
    Enter - Pause

History:
    Sonic is resting in the Tropical Forest, the Cream Rabitti brings a gift for Amy to him.
    When she is delivering such a gift, Eggman and two robots shown, the robots hold Cream and Sonic. Sonic gets rid of the robot that held him, but before he can do something, realize that the robot installs a device in it. Cream is owned, Machiavellian laughter loose and flies off in the middle of the forest. Eggman cowardly exit, dropping the phrase, all your friends will be mine! And so begins, Sonic, THE MISSION!

As I said earlier, only Sonic would be playable character, but I had not passed the full information. Only Sonic will be playable in story mode, but the other characters (Cream, Amy, Tails, Blaze, Silver, Knuckles and Shadow) will be playable in specific stages, ie, free play mode only.
    According to the story, Eggman manages to install a chip in Cream and the same is under the control of Eggman. Eggman uses it to capture the rest of the Sonic friends, then at each stage, Sonic must save his friends and uninstall the chip Eggman, or Sonic's friends are the bosses. The difficulty increases with each passing phase. The heads will be in the order mentioned above, when the boss is the Cream of the Tropical Forest.

Anyway, more details will be revealed over time.
    Hope you like it ^^

PS: Apologize if I wrote something wrong, because I posted a bit of a hurry with XP

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It took you how long to make this?!?!

My critizism would be this. It's nice to see some new fresh graphics, and layouts that aren't very linear. I feel like I didn't just have to hold right to win. Now lets see how well you pick up to sarcasm :3

14. Not bad, but it felt a little sloppy. My biggest issue was that when you do a lightspeed dash through some rings, you tend to stop at the end of the trail instead of going with momentum.

15. Candango

Candango

As a beta, many things will still be changed. But the level design, with the passage of the stages they will have a higher level of complexity.

Will correct this. Some skills will also be corrected in the future to have a smoother motion.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I hate to break it to you, but you litterally only have to press the jump button once in every act to complete the level. It's almost a hold right and win...literally. Which is funny in itself.

17. Candango

Candango

At the next level, as platform will add furniture, new gimmicks, badnicks with different abilities, inverted loops, etc ...

More news soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.