don't click here

Animating for Blitz Sonic

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by RandomXF109, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D7B1F2252773C1A3

Here's a playlist of what I've done with the Sonic Burst engine, made by Sonic Retro's own Carrierhack.

The models are made by:

Classic Sonic - by Bagjac

"Long Spines" and NextUnleashed Model - by LinkSonic5

SADX Model - SEGA, rigged by LS5, and overhauled by me

Sonic Unleashed "360" (edited wii) - rig by SF94, texture overhaul by me

2. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    If you want to do a complete project, I'd honestly use the Sonic Adventure model and try copying the animations a little better. I know everyone complains about the game but it really is the best standing example of sonic in 3d.

3. I honestly wasn't going for an imitation of the animations beyond the run, when it came to the SADX model.

The rest were all custom.

4. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I know. It shows. This isn't really anything worth posting yet. If you want critique I'll give it to you but don't just try and justify everything.

5. I didn't want it to seem that way. I will take criticism, but I'm not planning on changing anything unless it strikes me as important.

All I meant by my last post was that I wasn't going for an imitation, that's all.

6. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm a little confused. What is it that you want, here?

7. I'd rather not take credit for something I didn't made. Well I edited this, but Damizean made the original engine.

Also isn't the Sonic Unleashed 360 model you're talking of the Sonic Unleashed Wii model?

8. Yes. It seems to be this little fad that's been going on with a few people on YouTube to change the Wii model to look and make the animations like the 360 version and call it that. It's a way to get more views. It's wrong, but it works.

What I'm looking for in this thread is criticism, help, and for others to show theirs off if they've made any.

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Criticism then?

SADX model - With the walking and jogging animations, he looks like he's falling down onto each footstep, rather than pushing himself up with each foot step. It makes it look like he's stumbling. If this makes any sense, the "snap" in the run cycle should come as Sonic is pushing off with his foot, not as he's falling onto it. I can't tell if this is the same for the running animation because it plays so quickly, but it looks to be. In any case, there is too much up and down movement with it.

The same issues persist with all of your models except the classic sonic one, which actually still suffers from them but to a lesser degree. Probably due to shorter legs. I did like the wheel animation though. How did you do that? Texture a circle and rotate it?

10. Actually, I think it's a cylinder, but I didn't make it, the model's creator did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.