don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felik

Felik

And your post was 5000th in this thread. This've got to mean something...

2. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Scartillery, you and others of your kind have prompted me to ask a question I don't think has been asked yet.

What business is it of yours if people won't like or accept Sonic 4?

3. None of my business really.
    One thing does annoy me though.

The people who won't like or accept Sonic 4, will probably end up buying it, or part of it.
    That's pathetic.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'm sure as hell not touching Sonic 4. I'll follow the news and what not since I follow this shit like a hawk, but honestly, you won't get me to even lay a finger on that fucking game. It's not worth my time or money. Calling this game Sonic 4 was SEGA's most fatal mistake in the end, among many other things.

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I was playing Sonic Rush earlier, and I noticed that you could, in fact, walk in place on some 75-90 degree angles.

But, here's the punchline- When playing a Sonic game, how often do you say, "Hmm, I think I'm going to walk in place on that slope?"

It's not that big of a fucking deal. Seriously.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's a big deal because it means slopes (and Sonic's behaviour in regards to them) don't work properly. You can play around the odd slope behaviour, but it makes things play too differently from what the game has been described as.

7. Good for you.

I just think of Sonic 4 as a really big distraction.
    I mean it covered up Colours' existance nicely.
    Plus there is no trace of a 20th anniversary game, even though we know there is one.

Not the wisest thing to do though....
    Use "Sonic the hedgehog 4" as a destraction....

8. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I think Advance 1 was a pretty good Sonic 4, it had the same stuff the classics did (even the option to play as Sonic and Tails) and a buttload of levels and chaos emeralds that weren't required. The only thing it didn't have was fully playable Super characters and good level transition.

And I think Adv1's sprites looked pretty good. I like Sonic's Advance sprites more than Sonic 4's. (Except the spindash.)

9. For God's sake Sonic 4 uses a MODEL.
    There are NO sprites AT ALL.

10. dsrb

dsrb

It MAY have JUST been a FIGURE of SPEECH.
    You don't HAVE to post at EVERY opportunity.
    newline

11. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I belive I've established that I won't support this game by any means after what I first constated about it.

One interesting thing you said in this quote is "Calling this game Sonic 4 was SEGA's most fatal mistake in the end." Indeed. Have this game being called anything else other than Sonic 4, no one would care about it's -arguably- bad designing decisions, and it would've been released back in June. This game is definitely not 'Sonic the Hedgehog™ 4' in my view.

12. Titan

Titan

UK
    If you have no interest in the game, why waste precious moments of your life posting in this thread? I mean, really.

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'll probably wind up playing this somewhere down the line, but not after trying a demo or reading reviews if I enjoy the former and the latter are favorable.

14. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Why not?

15. Endri

Endri

It is a matter of fact that I try to avoid this thread as much as possible. I'm trying to avoid to be plagged by it's cancerous abortion (rose tinted, and pure stupid, optimism). But I belive that some technical aspects shall be explained, so to diminish the ammount of pointless optimism (the stage progression, for example).

16. Optimism is not a bad thing Endri.
    Things can change.

The issue is...will they change....

17. dsrb

dsrb

Who knows? But let's speculate pointlessly for another few hundred pages!

This thread is bad, etc.

18. What have we been doing for the last 300 pages (and the 1000+ pages before the original thread was killed)?
    Its what we do.

19. dsrb

dsrb

Making content-free posts at the slightest opportunity might be what you like to do. That doesn't mean it's what should be done.

20. Endri

Endri

Optimism is not a bad thing;
    Unrealistic optimism is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.