don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Well with the game looking that good and being on the Wii, they probably don't have alot of room left on the disks for dialog and cutscenes lol

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Metroid Prime Trilogy was able to put Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3 on one game disc. I highly doubt disc space is a problem with Sonic Colors.

3. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    So, I got a couple tips in that Colors gets an updated preview in the latest Official Nintendo Magazine UK...which went on sale yesterday.

Anyone have it? Anything of note in there?

4. Well, Wii disks have about the same memory as an DVD, and they can be dual layered so memory isn't the issue at all.
    I'd say its just the direction they chose to take with the game.
    Looking forward to this game a LOT, and am Eager to see what they havve in store for us on the 20th

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  6. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Well it's nice to hear more impressions about this game, thanks Overlord.

One thing I don't like there was the mention of QTEs. I really wish these would go away, even if they are easier to do than Unleashed. Yeah yeah "blah blah they're not a huge deal", but they are to me, especially when you can take damage from one. I really hope that in later levels this doesn't turn out like Unleashed's "lol instadeath" QTEs that fuck you over at a moments notice. I don't want to play Simon Says in a Sonic game (or any platformer, for that matter), it just feels so out of place and tacked on.

Meh. I suppose I can deal with it, if the rest is gravy.

7. Flare

Flare

Excited, much? Yes!

Happy to hear such good things about this game... actually Unleashed had good things, however hopefully with no gimmicks to irritate people, this might get better game reviews, not that I think it changes my opinion, but I bet it does still effect the series when Unleashed gets a 3.5 or something silly like that.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    From what I've seen in the E3 videos, they're not really QTEs. The only button you'll have to press is A over and over again.

9. NomadTW

NomadTW

I know that, but that doesn't rule out the possibility that they'll get more complex as the game goes on, does it?

And even if they don't, they're still pointless in my eyes.

10. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    How do the 3D segments play? Do you use the control pad to move or is it shitty twisting like in Secret Rings?

11. NomadTW

NomadTW

I think you can use the GC controller if you want, and if I remember correctly, you can use the analog stick on the nun chuck. Feel free to correct me, though.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    You use the nunchuck.
    Or the Gamecube or Classic Controller.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As everyone else has said, of course it's not tilting the remote. They even abandoned that in the Secret Rings sequel. However when using the remote and nunchuck setup, you drift by tilting the nunchuck.

14. I play all games with the GameCube (or sometimes Classic) Controller whenever possible (Brawl, Tenkaichi 3), mostly because I'm used to it and I'm not a fan of the motion controls, but also because I don't have any rechargeable battery packs for my Wii remotes and I can get several dozen hours of play with my WaveBird on one set of batteries whereas I'm lucky to get 10 with the Wii remote before losing power.

That said, I have also not found any Sonic games that play well with the Wii remote.

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I don't mind QTEs too much as long as they aren't totally random. They're still annoying though.

16. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    How do you feel about the SA-styled ones (y'know, jump as soon as you land on a panel) in Unleashed Wii? (Shown at about 3:03 of this video)

I would like if they did this sort of thing, but with actual things going on. Sort of like what was done in Spiderman 3, only Sonic would have this to perform difficult stunts, like climbing up rapidly fally debris from a building........or something like that

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Hell to the yes. This may be the first day 1 Sonic purchase for me in a loooong time. Oh, Overlord, what did the Sonic Colours DS Soundtrack sound like?

18. NomadTW

NomadTW

I didn't really mind those, I guess. They seem kinda pointless too, though, just glorified springs, yanno? :P

(And I didn't really care for Spider-Man 3's QTEs, especially the really unforgiving ones in the final boss battles. But that's another topic entirely. :v:)

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Couldn't hear a thing over the stage speakers. Sorry =P

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I was thinking today - we haven't seen the light speed dash in this game yet, it's pretty obviously not a part of the moveset since nobody has mentioned it in any preview. However, seeing as the laser power-up basically acts like the spin dash (when you're not reflecting) I'm expecting that one of the wisps will work like the light speed dash.

Sound reasonable?