don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The releases of XBLA games ultimately depend on when Microsoft is willing to get around to doing it. They release one or two games a week to make sure none of their stuff competes with each other.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

He did Shrouded Forest apparently. That was one excellent tune. And Jun's style may be very recognisable, but I don't think he did a bad job with Sonic 4.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

Learning about this is an absolute nightmare! But it does explain a lot of things, especially:

0D Panic Puppet Zone Act 2: Song by T.Maeda, Arrange by T.Maeda

AND

11 Intro/Panic Puppet Zone Act 1: Song by J.Seno, Arrange by J.Seno

I never did understand why these sounded so different before. It almost seems as if there was some sort of disagreement and they just split their diferences.

AS WELL AS

12 Boss Fight 1: Song by J.Seno, Arrange by M.Sets

AND

13 Boss Fight 2: Song by T.Maeda, Arrange by T.Maeda

But I would LOVE to hear the ORIGINAL arrangement of this:
    15 Credits: Song by S.Okamoto, Arrange by J.Seno

But I think that it was a nice surprise to know that after 14 years, the beta Boss theme in 3D Blast (which I had only recently heard right before the announcement of project needlemouse) was actually put to use in Sonic 4. Or we could just attribute that one to composer laziness. He pulled a fast one and thought no one would know!

4. Well, after reading that it just so happens that all my favorite songs from that game are the ones composed by Jun Senoue (except Spring Stadium, that's one kind of meh). The others aren't bad, either.

Namely, Green Grove, Panic Puppet Act 1, and the Special Stage are my favorites. Diamond Dust, Volcano Valley, and Panic Puppet Act 2 are good too, but Rusty Ruin and Gene Gadget...I dunno. Those songs always annoyed the hell out of me for some reason.

5. glem3

glem3

New video of Sonic 4 at Comic-con, Ken says the acceleration and title screen animation have been fixed in the newest build: Link

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    [​IMG]

UR 2 SLOOOOOOOOOW!

It's been discussed over the past few pages.

7. glem3

glem3

Crap, I should have looked further back :(

8. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I am pretty sure you have to hate music to think the Saturn/PC music is amazing or even fitting for a Sonic game. Sonic is about catchy songs, not terrible sequence loops with atmospheric echo.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Umm alright then. Personally I like the Saturn tracks better too. Apparently it's not your cup of tea

10. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    That, or you may need to have taste.

11. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    Personally I prefer the Genesis / Megadrive music myself. I looked at all the tracks I do like and not a single 1 is done by JS (which proves SOTI correct).

I feel that the Genesis / Megadrive tunes give a really good feel to each zone while the Saturn and PC versions sound very wishy washy and generic for what is there and also sound like a sort of Spyro the Dragon / Rayman sort of music.

However I can completely understand that people like these tracks, they don't do it for me. Genesis / Megadrive 3D blast music for me.

Edit: I do however strangely like the intro to GG zone music on the saturn version a little bit.

12. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Not that I mind the discussion about the different Sonic 3D soundtracks much (prefer Saturn here, btw), but what exactly does this have to do with Sonic 4?

I'm not entirely convinced the physics were changed all that much, tbqh. It could just be because Sonic had more rings. After all, in most of the later Advance titles, acceleration increased as rings increased (a very poor decision, if I may say so - you'd want to get up to speed relatively quickly at the start of the stage, not once you're already at speed). I do hope that didn't carry over to this one...

13. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    Seems to have been left as an SAd2 and 3 thing. Don't think I've ever noticed it during Rush or Rush Adventure, aside from the spinning ring effect in the ring counter when you get them.

The way things are shaping up, I've been seeing this as Pocket Adventure upgrade, with the exception of Dimp's usual Sonic editions like 7 zones + boss rush + - okay it has THAT but I'm not complaining   , one emerald per zone and Super Sonic final boss. So if it's gonna play like that, I don't have any issues with Sonic 4. Only thing I wanna know is how much they're gonna charge this. :\

14. Elektro-Omega

Elektro-Omega

Mushroom Hill'in Member
    UK
    -
    I did go a bit off topic in my previous post and for that I apologise.

I hope the physics aren't quiet as floaty from what I have seen but they do seem to have improved. At first I had very high hopes, then when I seen more I kinda thought it might suck, but now I feel better about it and feel it could be something awesome.

And money is definately the question, is it going to be a £5 like small DLC add ons or is it going to be a full on £35 - £40?

15. dsrb

dsrb

This will not end well.

16. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    I seriously doubt even Sega are dumb enough to charge that much. £10 / £15 at the absolute most.

17. I'm sure it will be very reasonable, no more than $10...But I would buy it even if it was $50

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Wasn't there something a while back saying $10-$15 USD (and whatever the EU conversation is) is about what we're looking at per episode, or am I just mistaken?

19. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    I think there was a post of a news article saying it might go for $10 or something like that.

I hope they don't charge $15, I can barely live with $10 being reasonable.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Due to the whole episode thing I'd not want to pay more then 800 points or $10 per episode, especially after what we have seen so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.