don't click here

Sonic Gems Collection Leftovers?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, Sonic actually hit his opponent with the fist in that game...

2. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    It doesn't take a great computer to emulate and try this out...So someone do it already :| (Work soon, can't do it myself :()

3. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Why do we always get less and have to pay more. Strangely, now also the Americans share in the 'fun'.

4. Machenstein

Machenstein

And he didn't in Sonic the Fighters?

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oops. Good point.

Then... there wasn't enough space in the disc? :v:

[/naka]

6. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Took me forever to get the ISO downloaded and how to figure out how Action Replay worked, but that information really is there. *mouth officially shot off, foot inserted*

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No shit. That game actually exists within the collection? I'm shocked, I never thought that they would even consider Sonic Eraser as a potential re-release. I'm surprised any of the employees even knew it existed

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Eraser to me was a sonic game long forgotten by sega just because it was a small download title, has a weird look about it all and wasn't it more or less a rebranded columns?

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Well, Sonic Eraser is more like Puyo Puyo but erasing in groups of 2 rather than 4 (so forget about any kind of chaining) and pieces are tetris-shaped.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sonic Eraser's music is terrible and it's STUCK IN MY FUCKING HEAD OH GOD

Pretty cool find either way though.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I wonder if the thought of possibly inserting it was related to the re-discovery of it by the community? Happened shortly before this went into dev, iirc.

12. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    No, it doesn't exist there. All that is there is the menu graphics (TEXT LAWL), and the title screen image. I doubt it was implimented, otherwise I would have said: "Even though my computer sucks ass, I was able to play for 3 seconds before Dolphin crashed"

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I meant that any data for the game existed. If the game itself was actually on the disc it likely would have been discovered a lot sooner. I'm just amazed that they even considered it

14. I wish my old GCN Action Replay still worked. I replaced it, but it was a waste of money since you can't enter new codes in the new version... I want to try this out, but I don't feel like trying to figure out how to work Dolphin.

15. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    What do you mean, you can't enter new codes in the new version?

I remember when my girlfriend got her GC Action Replay, the damn thing was clearly fucked up; entering codes was an exercise in futility since only the analog stick could be used to select characters and it was twitchy and scrolled FAR too quickly, plus if I recall correctly, shortcuts just plain didn't work. I ended up getting one of my own some time later, which thankfully is a new version with fixes; while the analog stick is still twitchy and still scrolls far too quickly through characters, but now the d-pad also works (better than the stick, thankfully) and shortcuts are actually functional.

16. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I own both versions the very late one which must have been made after the GCN ceased production and an earlier version made in 2003. I bought the older version second hand and the memory card that came with it never worked, so I stored the thing away. Since I moved I have been unable to find it.

17. On version 1.2, you're stuck with the codes on the disc. Everything prior to that (I had a 1.08, but my friend's brother sat on it and broke it and I didn't bother finding a new one until the old ones were out of production unfortunately).

I still have the memory card, but the disc is cracked and I don't want to spend $180 on eBay for one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.