don't click here

Zelda Ocarina of Time hack- Sega Logo (Custom Map with Actors)

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Vexiant, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    Zelda Ocarina of Time Custom map WITH ACTORS added.

http://yfrog.com/jwzelda64segalogocustommaz

Find the debug rom on your own and apply the patch to the rom with ppf O matic.
    I can't remember what room I replaced XD (sorry).
    Try 116, 117 or 119 it's one of the three!

Upload- http://www.mediafire.com/?ndikmmzmmzg

How to add groups and actors to a .zmap in hex editor-

-Groups-
    Open up your zmap in your hex editor and look for 0Bxx0000 03yyyyyy. xx is the number of groups, yyyyyy is where the groups lie. If you cannot find this, then look for 0A000000 03xxxxxx and insert it after, leaving xx and yyyyyy null for now. Look back at 0A000000 03xxxxxx and use the "go to" function of your hex edior and go to "xxxxxx". Insert the groups, each 2 bytes long, with no spaces, there. Record how many bytes you insert. You will fill in all the groups later.

-Actors-
    Open up your zmap in your hex editor and look for 01xx0000 03yyyyyy. xx is the number of actors, yyyyyy is where they lie. If you cannot find this, then put 01(# of actors you want, one byte)0000 03(offset after groups, 3 bytes) after the groups. If there are no groups, add a few even if the actors are group 0001/0002 (outdoor levels)/ 0003(dungeons). At yyyyyy, insert 16(dec) of FF per actor. Record how many bytes you insert total.

You may move the actors as you like in ZAP2 or UOT (U gota DUMP it in ZAP2 (as .zmap and .zscene to use in UOT!)

2. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Video 404'd on me after removing all the spaces.

3. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    You can try it now. I fixed it!

4. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Hey, that's really cool! I'd ask you to explain this in plain English, but probably even then it would be over my head :D. Still cool though!

5. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    Thanks man! Now lets see what I can do to Sonic games.

6. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Hey, Alpha Matt. Hope things are going well for you.

You may need to explain how the Zelda formatting works. I doubt there are many people here who would be able to tell what the OOT technical jargon means. =P

Either way, good luck! :)

7. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    Hi Shadow fire, didn't know you where here. I'll get around to explaining it, lol.

8. The debug ROM does wonders. Looks like you replaced the testing map with all the items available in the game to make room for this. You happen to build it in the Utility of Time? Either that or some other level editor that was being made. But I forgot if that level editor was made public or not. I do remember that building levels was pretty complex at the time even with an editor in place. It'd sure be nice if people like you went over to Zelda Coalition but I don't blame you. I barely have the time to keep that place up to date. I might finally be free enough to do so now though.

9. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    I don't use tools to add actor's(I put up a tut on it, lol. If I were to "replaced the testing map with all the items available in the game" there would be a lot more items. ""You happen to build it in the Utility of Time? Either that or some other level editor that was being made" nope this was a custom map" Nope this is a custom made map. Also note that you can replace any level with a custom wavefront .obj map. " It'd sure be nice if people like you went over to Zelda Coalition" I joined there some months back, its dead, lol. How ever, if you do get it up and running with people I guess I could be active there and come back to hacking/modding zelda in public...

10. Actually what I was referring to was all the treasure chests and stuff. From what it looks like, you replaced the first room in a testing room (which previously contained all the game items for tester's ease I assume) with your custom level. However you might not have removed those treasure chests and items because...well why would you? =P It'd just be more actors to break. But cool. I'm glad you're doing it on your own and without tools. Everyone's relied on Cen, CoolIsCool, and ZZT32's tools and knowhow for so long I could've sworn your kind just weren't around anymore in the Zelda 64 hacking community.

11. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    Cendamos made tool's? I talk to him every now and then and never knew he made tools, LOL. "I could've sworn your kind just weren't around anymore in the Zelda 64 hacking community." How did you know about me?

12. Cen didn't really make many tools though he did spread a lot of information. Whether or not that information was truly his own research is another matter entirely. But when I mean "you're kind" I mean people actually getting their hands dirty instead of relying on tools more often. I know some are still around but those numbers were slowly thinning out over time. Not that using tools is a bad thing. No reason to reinvent the wheel. But I don't think enough people cared to learn how they worked.

13. Vexiant

Vexiant

Texas
    Nothing at the moment...
    Well, there are just a few people who hack Zelda all together! When Zeth's site "64Hackz" went down most of them left, just like when ZSO went down.

14. That's really a shame. Zeth and I are friends so in retrospect it might'be been better if we had joined up. But he really didn't want much to do with the old crowd of ZSO. Which I don't blame him. They were hardly friendly to him. But that's a whole 'nother massive plate of drama. :X

15. xdaniel

xdaniel

16. Yeah it lives in bits and pieces but there's very little unity which is a total shame. I might actually work with Cen to make a decent community site if he wasn't...ya know...crazy >.>