don't click here

Dragon Ball Final Bout for Mega Drive/Genesis finally dumped

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RACCAR, Jul 25, 2010.

1. RACCAR

RACCAR

Dragon Team Member
    Madrid Spain
    Spiderhog, Sonic Ages, and Sonic Paradise
    This elusive pirate game has been finally dumped by the spanish TEAM ALACANT .

The game was going around black markets and ebay for quite a while, but nobody has dumped it-untill now.

Here is a photo of the cart and box themself , and a video of the game running on Kega Fusion.

It's quite impressive for being a pirate, graphically wise. But the music is like a monkey on AIDS banging a drum .

[​IMG]

And here is the download link, enjoy the game!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=69D7Y5PS

2. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    I love how the "Round 1" is lifted from Street Fighter Alpha 2, and the "KO" and "You lose" from Street Fighter 2.

3. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I love how Buu's "getting hurt" sound is actually Vegeta's "getting hurt" sound from Hyper Dimension.

If they needed to lift sounds from that game, you'd think they would actually match them up to the correct characters.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    They ripped the graphics from the real Final Bout. That said, it's already better than most pirate fighting games merely because it has standard 2D fighting game physics. Many pirate fighting games try to gimmick Tekken and such and are completely unplayable =|

5. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Youtube clips suggest Final Bout was that 3D PSX fighter.

Are you thinking of the official Megadrive game?

6. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    How can someone or something be on AIDS...? Since when is AIDS a drug?

Anyway, I guess that's kinda neat, but the fact that it's a pirate makes it quite a bit less interesting. Still, I'm all up for archiving all games, even if that has to include pirates.

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Yeah it was a 3D PSX game. (the original English version used to go for around $200) Some of the menus look the same, but that's it.

Anyway, I'm glad this is finally dumped. I've seen it for sell a lot of times, but I am always too poor to spend the $20.

8. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    I swear I've read somewhere that the game used ripped graphics from one of the official games going by a similar name. I thought it was on Sega-16 but apparently it was somewhere else, eh =/ Gotta hate the Internet.

And it certainly isn't from the official MD game, that one has completely different graphics, and in fact it wasn't all that impressing graphics-wise except because of the vertical split screen (although it played quite well, and it had Krillin, who apparently was missing from all other DB games from the time...).

EDIT: by the way, how come there isn't any protection that emulators can't emulate properly? Is this ROM hacked? =/ Also, I swear, one of these days I'll disassemble this to change how special moves are pulled off. Most of you probably think that the controls just suck, but apparently special moves are fine. The problem is that the character blocks when pressing back if the other player is gonna attack you, and apparently that breaks the sequence =/

9. Wesker

Wesker

Apparently the game was already dumped/leaked by some Chinese hacker, but no ROM dump was widely available to the public until now.

At least that's what the chief of Super Fighter Team harshly claimed in Sega-16.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Aren't those graphics from Ultimate Battle 22? I've never played that game, but I remember it had some pretty good hand drawn 2D graphics.

Those poor hoarders. =(

11. Wesker

Wesker

Character sprites and scenery graphics in this game are actually ripped from Super Butoden 2 and Super Butoden 3 for the SNES.

The title/selection screens and character artwork are indeed from the official Final Bout game for the PlayStation.

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    And he even posted a post about that back in 2009. Gotta love how he never bothered to post the ROM, though, or a link to where he got it, or anything for that matter =P I wonder what other games are dumped that we don't know about...

(EDIT: and before GerbilSoft complains about when MathUser called him a hoarder, in this case the guy knew perfectly well that nobody else could find the ROM)

I was partially right then =P

13. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Until it was reprinted in the US back in the 2000's. Then the price was lowered I'm assuming. Though the original release might be worth a bit of cash though. The main difference from the original release and the new release is that the manual cover art is different. The old manual looks like the Final Bout title screen. The New manual has Super Saiyan 4 Goku jumping forward with a blue picture of Great Monkey Baby looming in the background.

14. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I never got why that game was so hyped. It was legendary at my Middle School, and when my friend and I finally managed to rent it from Blockbuster I got bored with it after about five minutes, mainly because it was stupidly difficult. I remember the very first match I did was with Vegeta and I got like one punch in before he got me with like 2 minutes of uninterrupted combos and meteors and shit.

15. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Stupidly difficult? I can beat the game on hard easily with Kid Buu with hardly any trouble. Of course its because I abuse his Vice Shout move or whatever its called. Its his other energy based attack triggered by I believe, Down, Back, Forward, Triangle. Kid Buu can also self destruct as can Vegeta for some damage to themselves but the radius is huge for the explosion. Goku can also use Spirit Bomb/Genki Dama. Those three moves aren't listed in the manual but the characters all three use them in game while played by the computer on occasion.

16. It's a pretty pirate, but everything else about it is awful. Neat dump, though.

17. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    I think I dumped that one a while ago for a friend, no idea what happened to the ROM (not related to this stuff though). Shitty game

18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Like most Chinese pirate games, this sucks. :|
    That other recently dumped game Samurai Spirits 2 isn't any better.

Also a complete proto of Stone Protectors was recently dumped, it's the only thing a bit decent of the recent dumps.

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    People are always so quick to say that pirate games suck. I always see them as basically fan games, you know....like what we do with Sonic just built from scratch and not hacked. And if you look at it that way, an impressive amount of work goes into these pirates. Much more than your average sonic hack to be honest.

Like Lion King 2 and 3 for example. People always say how those suck, but I enjoy them quite a bit.

20. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I love how the video says "leaked" like it's some prototype for a much sought after upcoming game project.