don't click here

Sonic 3C(ustomizable)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hayate, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can you auto enable level select? Playing with amy is pissing me off for hitting enemies and what not

2. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Auto-enable doesn't sound like such a good idea, but I agree that the Sonic 3 LS code must go.

3. FFFFE0:0101 (and FFFFE2:0101 to enable the debug cheat as well).

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

More Amy sprites:

[​IMG]

Tried the new revision, works well, nice to see my sprites in action too. My only complaint is her full-speed animation, there is meant to be a slight pixel tall bounce between frames, as shown on the sheet, hense why the hammer looks like it is wobbling. I know some people are iffy about this however so I understand if you didn't want to animate it that way.

Amy seems able to get to IceCap normally before getting stuck on the loop plugs. Also you may want to activate a move to detach some ring-depleting badnik attacks off you (eg. the pirahnas in Hydrocity).

5. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Try hitting left and right rapidly to get rid of the piranhas. Not sure if that works on the gas clouds in Lava Reef.

By the way, your sprites are awesome.

6. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Just to let you guys know:

(and before you click the "this ROM" link, that's just the already-released version 1.2.1)

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well that will go nicely alongside my 'Amy in Sonic 1' hack I'm entering into the contest. Ms Rose is gonna take over the contest this year. :v:

Truthfully I think there's more than enough extra features to justify it's original title though, it's Sonic 3 Complete compatability and extra Tails co op modes to name but few.

8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Allow me to ask something...

Is this true!?

The Youtube video description says:
    If so, I demand it to be in Sonic3C right NOW! (I'm just kidding, of course =D But I would be so happy if this piece of music was actual, and not simply made by anyone... Also, I would suggest to insert it into the game, that's all...)

9. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    It already is, and you are extra late =P

10. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh my. Extra late indeed, I see. Gotta pay more attention. But I was way too excited when I saw it.

11. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

That medley always seemed a bit awkwardly compiled to me (especially the Carnival Night and Launch Base segments), maybe if they edited certain clips and the tempos they played it may have worked but the transitions don't sound nearly as good as the S+K version.

12. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    If you edit the medley to include the PC version soundtrack for CNZ and ICZ and LBZ I will love you forever. Or maybe do a PC version cheat, like sonic 1 has japanese/american specific cheats.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

You mean like this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48wugEUoPpo

I admit I like the idea, S+K Collection had some equally catchy tunes, though I can understand if they don't want to do it, this hack and S3 Complete are pretty expansive as it is without music ports and such.

14. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I can't enter it in the contest with the title of Customizable without the customizer. =P And I'm not entering v1.0 in the contest!

15. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything

No I mean, replace the sonic 3 credits (with the zone music playing) with a new version, that has the remixed soundtrack of CNZ ICZ and LBZ from the pc version.

16. NeKit

NeKit

Russia
    Sonic SCANF
    I managed to get as Amy and Tails to Hidden Palace Zone, where game freezes on cutscene with Eggman stealing the Master Emerald. All was more or less working until Ice Cap Zone.

In Ice Cap Act 1 you sometimes have to take Knuckles route and boss to get through. In Launch Base Act 2 Sonic's boss platform is missing, so you have to take Knuckles path and boss again. After winning the boss the game will freeze. Press Reset. Interestingly, you will be able to get to Mushroom Hill Zone. Be carefull not to get caugtht, because you won't be able to escape as spindash is missing. In Sandopolis Act 2 you have to manipulate Tails to free sand, Amy can't do it.

17. Hayate, are you still working on this? This is an awesome hack...and will be even greater once all the errors are fixed. Just kinda curious how this is going along so far.

EDIT: Ah...noticed your post earlier about this. Well...no hurry then. :)

18. This might not be allowed to be asked being a trial member and all, but would it be possible for S3&K to be trimmed? of unnecessary data such as doubled sprite data from both S3 & S&K to lower the filesize?

I play alot of my Sonic roms and hacks on a Genesis emulator on my DS, unfortunately none of the emulators for it at this time support and Genesis roms at 4MB or above, this includes the usual S3&K, and this hack... :(

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yes, it is. Beware, though, that it's not finished yet.

20. That would be a pretty bad idea. The PC music doesn't fit the game at all and was just a rushed replacement. Yeah music taste is subjective and all but I don't see how people could prefer it other than the nostalgia of only playing the PC version and not hearing the original console tracks. Sorry, but it's just bad music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.