don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Way to take that straight from tonight's Wha-Chow, bro.

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Not only that, but they have proven to be above decent actors with lots of potential.

3. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    That didn't stop Sonic 4 complaints. :3
    [/offtopic]

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    WHERE IS CHRISTOPHER WALKEN

WHY IS HE NOT VOICING SONIC AND TAILS AND EVERYONE ELSE

MY DREAM SONIC GAME IS RUINEED

In other news, sounds good to me. I love that Pollock's still on the job.

5. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Not being sarcastic, I do think it was the best one, 10 year old playing a 10 year old, has all the natural young uncertain inflections in the voice, makes it sound more real. certainly sounds better than him being voiced by a woman trying to be a little boy.

Ofcourse he could have had a little bit less personal dialog talking to himself, that was just odd.

6. ShenziSixaxis

ShenziSixaxis

Agreeing to this. The only voice clip I've heard of Roger makes me spew 'No', but I do think this Roger guy might be good for Shadow. Tails' actor, iffy on.

7. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Yeah I honestly never hated Tails in SA2. And there's no way that the Heroes Tails VA is better than SA2. Hell, I think I like Amy Palant better than the Heroes voice. Ooohhhhhhhh goooooddddd so much cringing.

8. Flare

Flare

Amy Palent had her days, but it really wasn't energetic enough to be a 8 year old talking fox - like I know what they sound like. :)

Even having the kids play him wasn't the best idea ever, they sounded bland at some points... but thats a problem I have in general about most kid actors. A talented actress is what they needed, looks like we have her so I am confident in their performances.

9. I just heard this from a blog, and I think this summarizes my whole perspective on this change.

10. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    I hope to god we get a decent Omega VA. He sounded awful in Sonic 06. He needs to sound more like Gamma in Sonic Adventure.

11. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; Sega doing what the fans ask them to is fucking retarded.

The fanbase is collectively (and, in most cases, individually) raving crybaby idiots who have no idea how videogames are made or what "design" IS.

On the plus side, I bet Drummond is chuckling in his grave lol not dead.

12. serpx

serpx

Though, listening to the fanbase, and using their own judgemental knowledge as what works for games, and what doesn't, I feel is smart. Otherwise we'd be fed some more Sonic 06 BS, rather than an actual taste of a mother effin Sonic 4.

Keep listening SEGA. For the love of god, keep listening.

13. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I really, truly believe this has less to do with Sega "listening to the fans" and more to do with 4Kids's contract with Sega possibly being up, and it cost too much in the company's estimation to retain the current VAs.

Remember, Sega's been through a good deal of layoffs lately, and the vibe I get from Mike Hayes's philosophy in interviews is that, if there's less of a chance the company makes money off it, it's absolutely not worth his time.

14. Flare

Flare

Isn't it cheaper though to hire a company who have their own voice actors than it is to hire individual voice actors?

15. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Well, me being a bit of a Bleach and Naruto fan...
    It seems like both of the new voice actors are from Viz Media. Maybe more of them would come? Viz Media's pretty good with voice acting.

16. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Scott McNeil as Knuckles, then? (Shame he couldn't be Hohenheim again, but I guess that'd make up for it...)

17. Hanyou

Hanyou

I actually feel a tad cheated, but not at all surprised—I could not be more indifferent to this news, and it's in no way franchise-changing.

The only news that could possibly matter to me at this point would involve gameplay changes. I do not pay attention to voice actors. When the Japanese audio track is available, I use that and simply forget about the whole thing.

This could be good news, I guess, if the rest of the fanbase is happy about it. But I consider this a Peter Molyneux moment for Sega.

18. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    If they hired someone to do Tails' voice who was around 8-10 years old, the kid's voice would change once he hits puberty and then they would need to find yet another actor. For an animated film, hiring a kid to do a kid's voice isn't a bad idea but when you're hiring a kid to play as an actor for many years in a major franchise, his voice is going to be become very inconsistent overtime if they continued to use the child.

Edit-

If someone has already argued in favor of this stance, then I apologies for stealing your argument. >_> I don't have the patience to read every post in this very long thread.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Given that they keep switching the actors all the time anyway, I'd say that's not a problem.

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    if this is how you feel, then why did you post here?

Seriously, next person that posts here saying "oh lol I don't care" is getting a day off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.