don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

Now with twice the sprites. Member
    North Carolina
    STILL trying to get these damn spam bots off the Open Sonic forum.
    So... to draw away some of the announcer complaints...

I don't know if this was said already, but check out the 2-d section in the first level... when Sonic digs, look at triangular pattern for the dig areas. It looks just like Palmtree Panic's ground.

I'd say that this is going to definitely be a Sonic CD related game now. Thank god, because I loved that game.

EDIT: As if the evidence wasn't there already though. I mean, chained planets? Metal Sonic reference/possible appearance? Amy is captured (possibly by said robot)?...

EDIT 2: Ninja'd. :-p

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    It's been said a million times.

The same goes for the chains.

3. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

North Carolina
    Well, either way, (EDIT) the game itself looks much better than what I expected when I first saw the wisps in the trailer. Sega might actually make this work.

4. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I preordered it today. I had better get that hat.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    The game is so much better because you saw some triangles?

Jesus.

6. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Odd detail I noticed—you get a small amount of points for picking up Rings, right? Well, you get those points for picking up the Rings you drop, as well.

Not that it affects anything of note, mind, it just strikes me as odd. I'm pretty sure previous games that gave you points for individual Rings didn't give you points for picking up the ones you dropped.

7. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

North Carolina
    No. I mean the game is better than I thought it would be. Most modern games had a 'gimmick' in them. Like the werehog in Unleashed. I thought the wisps would be just another gimmick that would screw up gameplay, until I saw the game in action. Some of the wisps had pretty cool powers, especially the cyan laser one.

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member

..rrriiiiight. Moving on. So does anyone else think that a new trailer will be shown anytime soon, maybe featuring some of the new voice actors and gameplay? Or will we have to wait a few months for that?

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    August or September is my bet for that sort of thing.

10. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Yeah, my guess is that they'll make us wait a good long time. They'll release screens and scant details, but they won't release anything concrete in a hurry.

11. glem3

glem3

Anyway, what do we interpret the different levels to be?
    [​IMG]
    The center is the tropical resort, the other unlocked one is sweet mountain.

One of them looks like a space fleet, like in the intro of sonic unleashed (top left).

One looks like a lava level, or some sort of meteor, on the right.

The top one seems to be a water level, although I doubt you can go in the water (we'll see though).

The bottom right kind of looks like... well I'm not sure really. It looks prehistoric or something.

The very bottom one is a rocket, you can see it moving around on the actual map. Maybe that will be the final stage.

As for the top right and the bottom left, I have no idea. It's interesting that some of these are spherical. Perhaps you'll be able to run all the way around?

12. I thought it was already established that the top-right is some giant malformed Metal Sonic head.

13. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    The bottom left looks to me like a satellite. The rectangular areas remind me of satellite solar panels.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

It's been confirmed that a secondary use for the drill power is the ability to propel yourself through water like a torpedo. This strongly suggests that we'll see some good old-fashioned underwater gameplay. (YAY!) So which do y'all think more likely, a water-park level or a pirate-ride level?

EDIT: My bet is that the Metal Sonic head and the Eggman shuttle are the penultimate and final zones, respectively. I note that neither is tethered to the resort planet, as all the other worlds are.

As such, there will be a total of six Wisps, and you will obtain them all in the planets that are chained together.

Can't tell which planet is the one with the trees that look like crap, but I'm betting it's the one on the top.

15. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

North Carolina
    Yes, we've already been through that whole 'last level' 'possible Metal Sonic boss fight' 'it looks more like Mecha Sonic' etc. conversation.

EDIT: @solarisparadox Pirate-themed, probably. We already have a theme park for the first level.

16. glem3

glem3

Uh, yeah... but that doesn't tell us anything about what the LEVEL is...

17. glem3

glem3

Actually, that sounds like we'll run over the water, and if we pick up a yellow whisp, we'll be able to go into the water like the cake or the dirt. Much like you can't actually platform IN the dirt, I doubt there will be platforming unter the water.

18. SilverstepP

SilverstepP

North Carolina
    But then they would've just used dirt instead. There has to be something unique about the water other than the fact that it can be explored using the yellow wisp...

At least I hope there is. All we can do is assume for now...

19. glem3

glem3

I just think the way it's described makes it sound like the water will be an alternative to the cake and the dirt. You say "well it would've just been dirt then" but then what's the point of it being a water world? The resort has the dirt because it's tropical or whatever, sweet mountain has cake, and maybe this water world will have water instead of cake or dirt.

As long as we're on this topic, have we seen a yellow whisp used in 3D?

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

No, and it probably won't be usable in 3D, either.

I like the idea of being able to use the drill while water-running, but I'm hoping that's just an *option,* and not the only thing water's ever used for.