don't click here

Pokémon 2 pirate

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Sik, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P

Does anybody know anything about this one, besides being similar to the Harry Potter one? =/

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Lol looks like a mix of Sonic 3D Blast and... shit.

XD

I prefer the platformer thx.

3. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    This, except I don't think we need the ... here. =P

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

All I could tell you is that the music is from Cool Spot and the "Ready... GO!" is from a Puzzle Bobble/Bust-a-Move game (I think).

5. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Blue Blood summed up what I was about to say.

6. STE

STE

It just looks like a shitty PacMania rip off with 3D Blast looking graphics, and apart from the title screen and Character, what the hell does this have to do with pokemon? Cocktail drinks the size of pianos? What were they thinking when they made this?

7. I don't think they were doing much thinking.

Maybe some puking.

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

This is almost identical to that Harry Potter pirate game, just with some different graphics and music.

9. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    It looks shit.

Isn't Pikachu meant to be, y'know, fast?

Also STE, where the fuck have you been, seriously

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Yeah it's a Harry Potter pirate with a new set of clothes... though many of the sounds and graphics are identical.

Unfortunately that is pretty much all the information surrounding it. The ROM hasn't been dumped as far as I know. There's a few interesting pirates hanging around in peoples' bedrooms, such as this gem, but you get these people on YouTube who release videos and then disappear, or manage to dodge the idea of dumping stuff.

11. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I do have a ROM of Pocket Monsters 2, but I'm not sure if it's the same game because it doesn't work on any emulator. And apparently, the Harry Potter game has SRAM, because I played it a bit and I noticed a new SRM file in the folder I keep Fusion in.

12. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This is truly one nightmarish pirate game :<

13. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    No, you're thinking on the platformer (which is much less awful), and it works properly with the latest Fusion version, so try that.

14. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    That's actually the emulator I attempted to play it on. :\ I probably obtained a bad dump of it though, the header is fucked. Fusion fixes the checksum, but the game never boots. But if it's worse, then I am kind of glad it doesn't play. xD Speaking of another Pokemon related pirate, what about Pokemon Crazy Drummer? I have that one too. It's strange as hell, it's kind of like Guitar Hero. o.O

15. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Wait, what? I've played this before.

16. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Actually no, it plays much better than the crap on that video =| Did you try the ROM from PlanetEmu? That one works alright for me.
    Actually more like DDR. I have no idea if it really has a custom controller or it's just a trick to make the game look better than it really is. I should disassemble that one to check it.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I don't think it's needed to disassemble a thing, it was probably included with a big controller with drum-shaped buttons that just used normal controller keypresses.

Isn't it possible to control it (awkwardly) with the normal buttons and directions?

Also, my little cousins loved Pocket Monsters 2 (the platformer). It's not a bad game, specially for a pirate game without quality controls.

18. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    You're telling that to somebody who never saw the physical thing so I have no idea if it had any custom controller or not. In fact, I'm leaning towards the lie theory.
    Yes, although there's the catch that the controller buttons don't match the buttons on screen always: they match one thing on menus and another in-game. If there's a custom controller, it certainly isn't just a standard MD controller on steroids.
    The Pocket Monsters platformers are surprisingly good, actually (even if just plain evil sometimes). Same deal with Mulan, which uses the exact same HUD as Pocket Monsters 1 (albeit with different graphics), so I believe they're actually from the same developers.