don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I don't really care, personally, so long as the new voice actor is alright or Sonic doesn't speak much.

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I'm glad they're replacing the Griffith. He did a better job than Ryan Drummond, but Sonic deserves a much better actor. As for Mike Pollock's return, I like the current Dr. Robotnik actor and I'm glad to hear he's returning.

3. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

QFT.

Hearing Sonic say "I'm outta here" and "Alright!" just makes me wish that is what he sounded like today.

4. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I hope the rumor is false.

I mean, out of all the voice actors, I always thought Jason was the best of the group. Sorry Drummond, Burke, and White fans, but that's just me. I can't really imagine him not having Griffith's voice anymore, especially after Sonic Unleashed.

I HIGHLY doubt Drummond is ever coming back. But if he does...hm, that's fine. His Heroes voice was pretty good.

5. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Wait, he ever left? When was that?

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It would be interesting if that was the case. When it's just left to Sonic whooping and hollering in Unleashed and Colors, he does a pretty good job. At this point (provided this announcement pertains to Griffith leaving) it will either be telling us they don't have a replacement yet, or they'll tell us who they chose.

I'm totally calling Will Smith as his replacement. :colbert:

7. At this point it would just be weird for him not to talk in a game with cutscenes. It's just not in his personality to stay silent all the time. Besides, the silent protagonist isn't really a Nintendo thing, but more of a Miyamoto thing, as other first party games like Metroid and Kid Icarus feature voice acting now. Jason Griffith isn't the best, but he's improved considerably from when he started.

And what's with people wanting the whole cast from the previous games? Drummond and Bristow were good but the rest simply couldn't act. I'm not saying I think the 4kids cast is great (except for Pollock) but they're much better actors than the people they replaced (except Drummond).

At any rate, I don't see this Jason Griffith Rumor as anything more than wishful thinking.

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Jaleel White or bust. :colbert:

9. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Y'know, I just thought about it, but...if Jason does leave, wouldn't that mean that Shadow and Jet would have to have new voices as well? Would seem odd, especially with the Kinect and Sonic Free Riders supposedly coming out later on. I'm really having my doubts here. I don't think he would only leave Sonic...

But if he does leave, I would say...make Sean Schemmel do it. I think he would do it pretty well.

(EDIT - Ugh, worded it pretty wrong there. It's fixed)

10. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    As long as they don't get Urkel again.

11. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    NO.
    Personally, I cannot see Sonic being voiced by a famous VA. I mean really, do you guys HONESTLY want *insert Disney channel celebrity here* to voice Sonic? Because I don't!

THAT I would like to see. His work as Goku on DBZ Kai would fit PERFECTLY for Sonic!

12. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Pretty sure Martin Burke was like 15 when he did that voice over, he probably can't do it anymore.

13. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    If it's true (and I think it is—unless he's in CYA mode I dunno why Svend would call it rumor with that much evidence in front of him), I'm not sure Jason will appreciate having a private conversation he had with a fan out in the open—especially with all the NDA talk.

There's no way that quote or screengrab in the story is from a public profile, and judging from how half the screenie masks as classified information, there's no way Svend is that stupid to not realize how unethical publishing that is.

We just had a situation here where a member was asked to edit his posts because he disclosed some SAGE tidbits from PMs without permission. Where are all the folks crying "respect" now?

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Since when do all celebrities belong to Disney Channel?

SEGA couldn't afford them anyway

15. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Anyone else betting the new announcer/possibly Sonic voice is Sean Shemmel?

16. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    You don't mean the Sean Shemmel? As in, fucking Goku Sean Shemmel? I really can't see that happening.

17. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Why not? He's a 4kids actor now.

18. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Uh, never. Just because I said he was returning for yet another game doesn't necessarily mean he ever left.

19. First of all, it's Schemmel, not Shemmel.

Second of all, Martin Burke was the voice actor in CD? The Wiki says otherwise, more specifically that Keiko Utoku did the CD voiceovers.

20. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Unless the tipster's pulling many legs, it seems pretty likely that this guy is the new voice of Sonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.