don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

It's an idea that did spring to mind, there's just a couple odd obstacles:

* The pallette, Tails and Amy share the same pallette line, and as you can see that itself has issues due to her odd color scheme. Cream's gels with it even less.

* I don't think I've seen a Cream sprite sheet that is either of fitting style or quality or complete enough to use. I could try making one but that would naturally set the project back a good while.

2. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

This one is acceptable, but doesn't fit with Sonic 2 much.

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Amys skirt = Creams fur color
    Amys hammer = Creams dress
    Cheese? Nobody likes him

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Cream's dress is more a dark orange than actual red. Also Cream's fur consists of both cream and shades of brown. Keep in mind that the sprites, especially in Sonic 2 and 3 are reliant on many shades and tints of the same color to gel properly and look refined enough. The basic colors are perhaps there, but she would look somewhat simplified and out of place with only the base colors there. I could maybe replace that darkest purple since it is kinda redundant and would save refining a lot of other sprites and objects that look odd with the color, I think for now however I'll just try to get Amy to work.

Link doesn't work. I've looked in the Mystical Forest Zone and none of the Cream sheets really look authentic enough (and are incomplete anyway). I may make a new sheet later on, but as said that will likely take a while.

5. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I don't know if this would help, but surely if you don't have the correct colours, you could perform some sort of dithering effects of blending two colours together, which could help darken or lighten the colours to gain the look wanted.

6. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Hmm. If you ever consider doing a Modern Amy, you wouldn't need the extra green, therefore have some extra shades for Cream. However the complication comes in that you have to sprite a whole 'nother sheet, which I doubt is to your fancy.

Just a thought. :)

7. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    You know how to solve this? Make a classic Cream. Her dress would be different, and just "happens" to be the same color as your pallette. Fur color as well. Tails went from orange-->(English brown?)-->modern oryellow.

8. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

Refresh

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Two whole sheets counting a new one for both Cream and modern Amy (though I suppose I have at least half of the latter due to my work on Hayate's project).

Still nothing. As said I checked out the site anyway.

May work, though with small sprites it has limited effects.

As said, guys, the Cream concept is for the long run. Right now I just want to get Amy working in the game as is.

10. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Yeah, refreshing doesn't work. However, highlighting the entire address in the address bar and pressing Enter does. ;)

11. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Also known as a Hard Refresh, or CTRL+F5.

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Jeez guys just transload it to imageshack or something:
    [​IMG]

I love this Firefox extension :3

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yeah, saw that one before. An okay sheet but I don't think it fits the games' art style (that Amy looks familar, did this guy also do Hayate's original S3C sprites?). Only about half of Sonic 2's sprites on there anyway. As said I may try making a Cream sheet myself but in the long run and not until I've got Amy working okay.

14. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Past bg art updated:
    [​IMG]

15. Mikel

Mikel

Wow, this is really impressive, timezones are a great addition to your hack.

And I have a question, is this hack Sonic Revelations, or a completely new hack?

16. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Ah no, its a secret mini project aside from revelations. I always wanted to do a time traveling hack ever since I played sonic cd, so I thought I'd do this mini project for fun and enjoyment. Glad you like it though! I'm still working on sonic revelations, but I 've got to the point where I may have to start it from scratch =/.

17. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Hello everyone, I've been AFK from these forums for a bit, and now it's time for me to come back. Here's something you'll be hearing about more in the future ;)

[​IMG]

Oh, and let's just say that this isn't just a neat hack...

18. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Wow! is this a sonic hack?, if so then that is just awsome.

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Um...
    I think it isn't a hack. And if it is, well, I'll point you to DWEA =P

20. Malevolence

Malevolence

Tech Member
    Haha well thank you for pointing me there, but this space invaders project isn't the main aspect :3 (I speak in riddles)