don't click here

Sonic X Japanese, DVD Quality

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Puto, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Episode 18 is a sub-par episode anyway (in my opinion, the worst episode :ssh: ), so no worries. :v: Nonetheless, again, thank you for uploading all of these!

2. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    The more the better. Thanks heaps Puto, we all heaps love you, geko! >w<

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    So since 4Kids is finally putting up Sonic X online. So I guess my work's done! I can't and will not try to compete with professionally created subtitles. Ergo, the point of this project is moot and done with.

Please support the official release if you're in the US: http://www.hulu.com/sonic-x

And on that note, somebody figure out a way to let me region-dodge this please! =P

As a final release, I'm putting up episode 26 here since 4Kids used the hikaru michi version, and Kotoba ni Dekinai is badass:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WR8JFH5G

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    If 4kids (for some weird reason) doesn't do the second series of sonic X (53+) will you continue?

That sucks 4kids doesnt do DVD releases esp. uncut dvd releases I was hoping you would finish. oh well another failed subbed project.

Is there 2 versions of episode 26? I didnt know that.

5. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I never planned to do 53+ to begin with. There are no subtitles for that portion of the series and I can't translate it by myself.

The TV airing of episode 26 had an insert song that was taken out for the DVDs and international releases due to rights issues. The rental WMV of that episode, however, mistakenly had the insert song back in, and that's the audio I used for this release.

If someone could manage to rip the subtitle stream from Hulu, I could consider trying to slap their subtitles on DVD raws.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Oh well. then all I can hope for is that 4kids will and thats not a whole lot of hope.

Again with rights issues? seems to plauge sonic no matter what form its in.

That would be nice then at least the project wouldn't be totally abandoned but just a change of direction.

7. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Hey Puto, did you plan on encoding any more of these? lol.

8. messyb

messyb

JJ
    Australia
    Game and anime reviews, Untitled visual novel project
    There are some lower quality streamable videos on sites like YouTube/Dailymotion/VEOH/ect. that have subtitles on them which you could manually enter into the subtitles for the .mkv episodes you're doing. Then again, I don't know that much about this sort of thing so just ignore me if I sound like I'm speaking nonsense...

Excellent quality with what you've uploaded so far. Thank You so much. :)

9. tuddy

tuddy

I believe that SRT files for the final episodes (53-78) do exist, because I've used them with DVD raws previously. If anybody wants them, I'll upload 'em.

I can't tell you if the translation's any good, but at least they exist for those who are interested.

Edit- screw it, here are the subtitle files. Provide your own raws, I'm not uploading those.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=94B0WIBH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.