don't click here

The theme of Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Doppelgengar, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I just listened to Toot Toot Sonic Warrior properly for the first time. My god, it's terrible! Cheesy J-pop mixed with mid-nineties 'We're so cool', rapping. And really, 'Toot Toot Sonic Warrior'? Do those chilli dogs give him gas or something?

2. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    Does Sonic even fart?

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Marble Zone for me. I't salways been the theme that stuck on my head, not Green Hill.

Also, the Sonic Retro/Sonic 2 Beta theme used at hacks. Sillyness.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    You mean the Space Harrier theme? Nothing screams "Sonic" more than "Space Harrier".

5. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Don't know if it's really necessary for him to have a theme song... but if it was, yes, the AoStH theme fits like a glove.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm gonna jump the bandwagon and agree with the theme used in Sonic 1 and 2. It was always extremely catchy and easily identifiable, really! When people go around trying to hum out a Sonic reference, they usually hum that theme because those first two games had such an overwhelming impact on gaming as a whole. Sonic 3 and the like had okay themes, but they never really screamed "Sonic!" to me as much as the original jingle did.

7. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Evidently, the Sonic 1/2 jingle is Sonic's "theme".
    However, I'd also say his "theme song" is "You Can Do Anything". At least, for classic Sonic.

Naturally, for the more "durrr"-ish modern Sonic, "Sonic Heroes" is a perfect fit :v:

8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    To me, the original theme of Sonic 1 and 2 is the definitive theme. But them again, Toot Toot Sonic Warrior is basically the second theme of Sonic, since it is somehow strongly tied up to Sonic and/or Green Hill in Japan, since the music was first featured in Green Hills Zone for Sonic the Hedgehog 2 8-bit.

There's also Look-a-like, which is very Sonic-ishy and my favorite theme of all times, though it would fit more Metal Sonic + Sonic than the Sonic series as a whole really.

Then, there's Open Your Heart, which I belive to be best theme for Super Sonic.

My fetishes would be the full version of Look-a-like, and a orchestral version of Open Your Heart. ;)

tl;dr

Sonic 1/2 theme - Definitive theme for the Sonic series as a whole
    Toot Toot Sonic Warrior - Sonic's Theme
    Look-a-like - Metal Sonic's Theme
    Open Your Heart - Super Sonic

9. serpx

serpx

This is subjective. A lot of people think of Green Hill, as it's the first song from the first Sonic game, but my first Sonic game was actually Sonic 2 -- since it came with my Genesis. Therefore, Emerald Hill ALWAYS pops up in my head.

Also, the invincibility ftw.

10. Machenstein

Machenstein

I would say the theme of Sonic would either be Green Hill Zone or an instrumental version of You Can Do Anything. As iconic as the Sonic 1 and 2 theme is, it's too brief to be anything more than a jingle. I would also dare say Super Sonic Racing, but that theme only applies best to racing games.

11. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    How do you think he runs so fast? It's jet propulsion, dude.

12. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    "They Call Me Sonic"

*is shot*

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I agree with many people but I add something new.

Sonic 1 / Sonic 2 main theme
    Used and overused over the years: title, invincibility, super sonic, 1-up, continue, game over, part of AoStH's theme... Probably THE most iconic theme when it comes to Sonic.

Chorus from You Can Do Anything (not the verse, it's crap)
    Another widely used song: Sonic CD, Green Hills Zone, Mecha Green Hill Zone...

Green Hill Zone
    GHZ is quite possibly the most famous Zone in Sonic's history; it's a natural consequence that its music is kinda legendary as well.

The drowning music
    That's another song that automatically makes you think about Sonic when you hear it.

They Call Me Sonic
    'cause I am faster than Sound, I keep on jumping around :v:

14. I wish you guys didn't have to go and mention They Call Me Sonic in here. I JUST got that song out of my head, and it's been playing on loop in there for the last 3 weeks...

I'm gonna have to go with the Sonic 1/2 theme song. Definitely the true theme. I don't really like any of the other Sonic themes from the 90s, including Open Your Heart. I don't mind the music from the games that were released after 2000, but none of them remind me of Sonic the way the original theme does, with Green Hill Zone in second place.

15. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.

You forgot Sonic Drift.

16. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    The Theme form Sonic 1 and 2.

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'd have to say either Live & Learn or Solaris Phase 2, for modern at least. As for classic, I'm gonna go with S&K's main theme.

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I like the Sonic 4 theme jingle. That and the invincibility theme are two of the only three tracks in the soundtrack I have no problem with whatsoever.

Although to represent the series...? The Sonic 4 jingle would sound fine representing the retro series, but for the modern games I actually do prefer each game having its own unique theme-tune to it. Keeps things from getting old, y'know? I prefer the "consistent" themes to be things like Eggman's theme (glad they recycled that piece from '06 in Unleashed, I think it fits swimmingly) or the victory theme (although Unleashed and Black Knight had great victory themes all their own, too).

I also like the "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior" tune (read: speed shoes theme), although the lyrics can die in the fires of the deepest hell.

19. Felik

Felik

Am I the only person here who really REALLY liked "Endless Possibilities"?

20. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.