don't click here

A glitch in Sonic Unleashed?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by SA2, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SA2

SA2

Sonic's dead; fly down to his corpse Member
    Okay, well, I was watching some videos on Youtube when something caught my eye in the related videos.
    (Forgive me if this has been posted here, but..)

I can't see how this would be fake, but I am really curious, so I thought I'd ask here.
    Does anyone know what the hell happened with Chip? Yeah, and I know it isn't the best video quality, but I don't know if there's anything else on this.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I realize some people hate the guy but impaling him is a little too far.

But that is...rather off-putting...I'm not a technical wiz by any means but I'm assuming something fudged up when loading the model or while displaying the Result Screen animation.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, I remember seeing this posted before in the Unleashed topic. It's just something going wrong when loading the model.

4. SA2

SA2

Ah. Sorry then. Didn't know it was there, couldn't really bother reading through all the posts in that topic.

What exactly goes wrong though? Is the white stuff wireframe or? It kinda looks like a table. How rare is this to happen?

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've never seen it, so I imagine it's pretty rare.

6. corneliab

corneliab

I'm going to assume it's pretty rare. There would probably be multiple (and probably clearer) videos of it otherwise.

7. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Might even be localized to a glitch with his game console, not the game itself. I know that before my 360 red ringed a second time, certain games were having all sorts of weird graphical rendering problems that would often cause them to freeze after a few seconds.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Model errors are rare, but occasionally that sort of thing does happen. I was playing the Gamecube version of Worms 3D at Uni once and one of the character models fucked up on that worm's turn - the body starting from the bottom was normal but about halfway up it suddenly went to a 45 degree angle and went off about 4 or 5 hundred in-game metres into the distance towards the sky/horizon. =P

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I'm going to bet that this glitch will make the fanboys cry and make them proclaim that this is the worst game since STH06.

Thats pretty neat though. wonder if it can happen in the wii version (does chip appear in that version at all other then cutscenes?)

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    If you rig up a model and move the bones around you end up with some real fucked up results, kind of looks like that along with other things being out of place, poor chip.

11. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I should get some sort of video capture device, I could make a pretty good series on funny glitches and such in Unleashed. One really common one is that for some reason they seemed to have a hard time lining the visible floor with the logical floor. There's a really hilarious example in Rooftop Run.

12. SA2

SA2

Oh? I'd like to see that then. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Don't think I've noticed it.

13. quartzlcc

quartzlcc

test-object's worst nightmare. Member
    California
    lrning2hack
    Same. Pretty lulz-worthy but alas I have never seen it before either.

How was this post helpful to anyone exactly?

14. Genesjs

Genesjs

USA
    That's an interesting glitch. Maybe it's naive of me to think so, but I'm actually a little surprised that character models an experience glitches, because assumed that since technology is improving programmers would have an easier time fixing simple bugs, like the one shown in that video. Still, those kinds of glitches were always rare, aren't they?

15. corneliab

corneliab

As it's been mentioned, it's probably the fault of a fucked up console and not the game.

16. Classik

Classik

SEGATA SANSHIRO Member
    Kentucky, USA
    ACT SIXTEEN STUDIOS
    It really looks like the screen is cracked to me. I don't really see how it is the console or game issue.

17. corneliab

corneliab

Maybe because you're totally off the mark and the screen isn't cracked?

Clearly, the model is having issues. Those lines and junk jetting out are definitely not cracks in the screen of all things. :specialed:

18. messyb

messyb

JJ
    Australia
    Game and anime reviews, Untitled visual novel project
    Holy crap, I just recently got the same glitch in the 360 demo, but the results screen animation was different. The weird lines were there when the animation played but on the last frame they weren't visible. It looked like his face had melted off Raiders of the Lost Ark style. It scared the shit out of me. :ohdear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.