don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Robochao

Robochao

I feel like a ripe bastard. It's ironic how I said "Gtfo with telling me stuff I already know" because it took me two glances at the thread to figure out there was a demo. You can't help wanting to correct a new member who doesn't know any better and is refusing to use common sense(if that was the case).

I'm sorry. I also played the demo and I really liked it. My only problem was that you couldn't put the game into fullscreen and the music selections were very random. This must be made in Multimedia Fusion.

2. dsrb

dsrb

It's alright; don't feel so bad! You're not any newer than me, and I didn't mean to imply you weren't using common sense; I just thought I'd point it out. I ought to work on being less semi-OCD/corrective, considering how many stupid mistakes I make myself. ;)

3. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I'll give it a few runs if you still need someone to test. I'm still on the sick in work and I'm seriously bored, so it'll give me something productive to do.

4. Robochao

Robochao

It's summer and I have lots of time. How exactly do you bitch out of testing a game? It's not like you're forcing them and they were obviously weren't responsible enough to handle it(even though it's an easy job)

Just play and point things out.
    [​IMG]

+ - OVER THERE  

5. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Hey Hez im still about and havent bitched out....I've been playing it and still am when I get chance man.

6. f2bnp

f2bnp

God dammit I can't wait! This is simply fantastic!

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Another giant badnik just for shits and giggles to keep you all waiting...I'm changing the location so don't think you'll find him there :)

8. I can't really tell what that is.

9. It's this thing.

[​IMG]

10. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    haha :) classic!

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    That sprite is really bad. I can't criticize it much other than saying "the whole thing needs to be redone." :x

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    as of now its a X2 using rotosprite :v:

I was just kind of desperate to show something since...well...there's really nothing else to show until the game's released.

13. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Nah, just reassuring us that the Project is well on its way is enough, IMO. :>

I'd love to playtest but I think I'll just wait for the finished product. :>

14. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    Oh trust me its in good shape judging by the last BETA :) but im warning you guys..... this is NOT easy! Only the 1st level ( As per Sonic 1,2 and 3 ) is straightforward. The rest are not and the Special Stages are INSANE!!! :)

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I am opting to seperate Sonic 1 again for time reasons...

Also, sent a new beta out. If you did not get a beta and you are a beta tester, talk to me. I didn't send you one for a reason.

16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I wanted to bump this ancient topic to let you guys know I am sad to anounce I will have to be pushing the release date a bit back. School and the job have got in the way. This does not mean it's not going to be released soon, just not as soon as I anticipated. The reason I am pushing the release date back, to be quite frank, is that I'm not completely finished yet. I just now finished the final boss, and all the new levels are complete. It's the Sonic 1 levels I'm worried about. I am also taking into consideration what fan's asked for, and putting them in as extras, which is also costing me some time. This will give you some replayability though ;P

And just to keep you on edge, these are some of the things that you can "unlock"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The number one reason I am delaying this is because I don't want it to be a Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. I am going to clean up as many bugs as I can out of this thing. If I'm releasing it, its going to be good, playable, and fun. So I am not going to give out a deadline yet, but expect a release near the end of next month, early september.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'd rather play a well made game in a couple of months than play a buggy mess now. Least it's still being worked on

18. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    *Thumbs up* Good luck pal, this is going to be one hell of a Sonic fangame, finally!

19. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I'll be waiting for it :) it looks very promising and take your time for the release :D

20. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Quick question though: since Sonic fangames are the most likely to have glitches that can be missed, will you proceed on fixing bugs we may find after you release the game?
    I'm not discrediting your work BTW ^^'