don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I dunno if this was brought up here already, but people at SSMB have been discussing sightings of badniks.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, that is a CD badnik there. It's sort of like a Palmtree Panic homage (intentional or not) with that and the trianguar ground pattern. There was an orbinaut in one of the DS shots as well. While they aren't original badniks (apart from that last one) it's nice to see some cool enemy designs in a 3D game again.

2. Innocence

Innocence

(ノ-_-)ノ Member
    That's awesome. I just hope that they threw out the damn mantis, though. =o

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oooh, I didn't notice this before. Unlike his Sonic 2/4 counterpart, that buzzer has wings. No biggie, but it's a slight change.

4. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    SEGA didn't say that, the magazine did. We heard the same talk about Unleashed despite an interview which said the opposite, didn't we?

Although I get the feeling the "back to roots" talk is being used more loosely than we retrogeeks would typically read it, anyway.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I just noticed it in the direct feed footage. Sonic's voice really does sound different.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Me too. Here we go again! :specialed:

7. Felik

Felik

For the last time THIS IS NOT SONIC'S VOICE, IT'S NARRATOR!
    Dammit isn't it obvious?

8. synchronizer

synchronizer

It's a narrator yes, but Sonic's actual voice, the one used when he switches rails or uses the homing attack, sounds noticeably different.

9. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It still sounds like Griffith, though, when you listen to it carefully.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Didn't we also say that with Unleashed's early footage too?

I think he's just changing the voice a little and/or Sega's taking the time to not just flat out recycle all the voice clips from Unleashed.

11. So I'm not the only one who thought the voice was different. To me it just sounds like effects put on Griffith's voice.

12. diplomacydog

diplomacydog

What did I just read? Member
    South Carolina
    No :(
  13. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I'm liking that you can pick up rings you've lost. I'm still not a fan of this whole 'rails rails rails, qte, more rails' gameplay though.

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I thought all this voice inconsistency was because... it's the japanese voice actor... no?

15. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

Voice sounds too deep. Junichi's kind of... higher-pitched and stuff. Hard to describe, but there you go.

By the way, diplomacydog, that's been posted here already.

16. Classik

Classik

SEGATA SANSHIRO Member
    Kentucky, USA
    ACT SIXTEEN STUDIOS
    Ok my Fan Rage is over. but about that GT footage. anyone think that the gameplay has been suped up from the Wii Version of Unleashed? It defidently looks like it plays better.

And regarding the voice acting, anyone think that Drummand will be returning? It's not likely, but it does sound like him.

17. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

No, it's not Drummond, and no, Iizuka mentioned in Sonic Stadium's interview with him that the engine was new.

18. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    This actually looks really cool, although depending upon when it comes out I do not know if I'll be able to afford it. There are way too many other great games coming out for the Wii, I really don't think I'll be able to afford them all. I mean, c'mon; Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Epic Mickey, Batman: Brave & the Bold (2D beat 'em up, actually looks really good), Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the 3DS and a shitload of games coming out for that, and then Sonic Colors and Sonic 4. I'll probably get it somewhere down the line, but after such an impressive lineup at Nintendo's conference, I don't think I can afford a new Sonic right now, even one that looks as good as Colors.

19. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

It's slated for this holiday season, if that helps.

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Hmm, I can see myself pawning this off as like a gift or something, putting my own money into the 3DS and Zelda and stuff.