don't click here

Sonic on iPhone

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Bibin, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Hey, I don't know if this has been pointed out, but the ROM's got another modification I didn't notice before - the rate at which robotnik's ship flashes when damaged has been reduced, likely to counteract the negative affects that slow devices like the 3GS and 2G would have on the framerate. Any other interesting changes to note in Sonic 1 or 2? I'm not sure if there's already a thread about this; if so, please delete this :\

2. Sonic Joe

Sonic Joe

I was going to buy that for my iPod, until it finally came to me that I have way too many copies of the original sonic games, I just thought it would be a waste of money because I already have it for the mega drive, gamecube and computer.

3. Hm, that is neat, bibin. Do you think they did it for the flashing of getting hurt as sonic?

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Interesting how they're still making small changes for some of the new releases.

This should really get documented in the wiki...

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    No-one's stopping you from making the edits if you haven't already. ;)

6. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Nope, sonic's flashing was already slower than once per frame... they changed Robotnik's because if the phone was skipping every other frame, for example, it would show up as solid black or white (think youtube video style).

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wrong quote. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.