don't click here

Sonic 3C(ustomizable)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hayate, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Issue. I was playing as Knux and Tails, and beat the first act of Angel Island. On the second act, I didn't reach the next star post before I died.

When I respawned...I appeared on Sonic's starting point!! D:

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    This also happens playing as Amy.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    They are suicide attackers. If they collide with the player like that, the animal is killed.

4. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Probably to do with how Hyper Sonic triggers special objects like checkpoints' bonus stage stars.

Ah, I see. I'll have a look like you suggested.

I prefer the first one, and it's looking very good! Only one qualm though: should her legs really be that far back?

This is known, it'll be fixed once I deal with the start locations table.

I'd never thought of it this way. I think I shall keep it like they are then rather than changing them into normal badniks!

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL

Do I get another cookie?

6. dsrb

dsrb

Thanks!

I will just leave this here.

7. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Yes, but I can't be bothered to find another picture of one. =P

I'd certainly like to know what's up with Super Knuckles' sprites! I never did anything to them. =\

Also, I didn't even know you could do that manoeuvre with Knuckles + Tails. I tried doing it with Sonic + Tails, but he can't jump off very high at all.

No. Just... no.

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's because K+T are charID 04 - it uses Sonic's super transformation routine, so the after-images use Sonic's tile layout instead of Knuckles', and he flashes all colours instead of just bright pink.

9. dsrb

dsrb

I didn't know it could be done at all in the original, perhaps unsurprisingly as I've barely played co-op.

[​IMG]
    It is a hard knock life.
    "You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here!"

10. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Keep the rotating pallete, clean the afterimages. Make for better distinction between Hyper and Super Knux

11. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    The Jawz bug is now fixed, and applies to Blastoids too. Both of these enemies can now be killed with the hammer, and hurt you if you touch them in any other way (while playing as Amy) except while invincible.

Also, I forgot to mention, but a little while ago I fixed the "smashing objects with hammer from a distance" bug. It arose simply because I forgot to moveq #0,d0 before moving a byte into it. Naughty naughty...

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I must say those videos of DigitalDucks's are pretty neat. =P I think the most hilarious part is the instant death upon Act 2 starting - but the fact you essentially wrote in a Sonic Advance 1 boss from scratch, Hayate (and one of the more interesting - albiet pain in the arse =P - ones at that - impressive stuff.

13. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Thanks :3 I'm going to leave the instant death in, it's amusing.

Now FFFF, did I ever mention I hate editing the save screen?

[​IMG]

Red Sonic and Yellow Knuckles in the life/continue icons. And the border is now blue. Grr. However, Tails' shoes are now correctly red (they were pink) and Sonic's shoes are now light blue (they were also pink).

However, at least you can tell which character you're playing as now:

[​IMG]

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Oh, what the hell. Just to complete the set:

I think you're going to have to edit/remove the background to get the extra few colours you need in the palette to display Amy properly. Looking forward to the next release, though!

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Fixed leg position. Got a little engrossed and touched up your walk cycle too (as well as rotating it so you have one less 'Sonic Stunt Double' too worry about):

[​IMG]

16. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I already took out some colors from the background and I'm sticking with what I've got =P 3 reds, 3 yellows/oranges, 3 pinks, 3 blues, 2 skin colors, white, black, 2 grays and transparent.

It'll have to do.

Until I bother to go grab the water palette changing code and make it apply on the data select screen too, so I can use the same palette row for the TV screens (above "water level") and emeralds (below "water level"). :v:

Yeah, I've made a lot of bugfixes since 1.2, so I'm not sure if I want to release a 1.2.1 bugfix version or go screw with Flying Battery's zone order and leave the bugfixes to 1.3. Either way, here's a list of bugs fixed and left to fix before I make another release:

Fixed:
    - Lack of screen locks in zones whose ID is > Icecap
    - Jawz bug
    - Smashing objects with hammer from a distance
    - Marble Garden act 1 end signpost graphics
    - New characters on data select

Still to fix:
    - Reset hammer position when hurt
    - Still something wonky with air->ground hammer attack
    - Bubbles in HCZ2 boss load the wrong graphics
    - Make the AIZ button-triggered wall not breakable by Amy's hammer
    - Spinning top in MGZ2 that spazzes out and kills Amy for no reason, meaning there's no way to continue with the game
    - Remaining breakable walls that can't be broken with the hammer (Ice Cap, Launch Base, possibly others)
    - Add an invisible block to HCZ to stop Amy getting into S/T/K's boss... You know what, screw that. I should obviously just make it load the boss anyway, and then have Amy get instantly killed and sent to her proper starting location like the rest of the characters. :v:
    - Fix starting locations for new character slots
    - Fix hyper traits so they don't screw with boss hit counters
    - Fix Hyper Knuckles' graphics
    - Fix size of character name on the results screen (to remove gap after AMY and make Knuckles + Tails say KNUCKLES instead of KNUCK)
    - Character names and continue icons on the Special Stage result screen
    - Make Knuckles appear in the SS when you play as Knuckles + Tails
    - Life/continue icons on data select

...I didn't realize how many bugs there were until I wrote them out in a list. owo

Those sprites are awesome. I'll be putting them in now. :3

Think you could do the idle and running sprites too? The current running ones really annoy me, and the idle animation would look weird with the change of style.

17. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Those are really nice sprites of Amy. Good work E-122-Psi.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Thanx, fellas. :)

Yay!!! :)

I could give it a shot though those will likely take longer since they don't reuse elements like the walk cycle. Is her hammer run like in Advance (similar to what I put in Amy in Sonic 1) okay or do you want to keep her previous 'swirly legs' animation? Do you want her idle the same?

19. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I think the hammer run would probably be better, we all know how the swirly legs turned out. =P

As for the idle animation, what she has in Advance would be best (albeit with far fewer frames). Been ages since I played Advance, now I'm getting distracted by it xD

20. If you're talking about what I think you're talking about I think that has more to do with the spring that launches Amy up-left diagonally when she's on the spinning top rather than the spinning top itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.