don't click here

Sonic Game and Watch

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by EnterTheHatrix, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I remember seeing the pocket arcade version of the 3D Blast one. Also, you guys didn't mention Amazing Sonic? Well, probably because it's really rare...

Also, apparently there's a Sonic Adventure one.

Fun Fact: These guys later on went to make Sonic Jam for the Game.com

2. I like the idea. Game and watch or Tiger never had scrolling screens, but I'd also do this both vertically and horizontally to get the same effect. I could do with seeing the code he wrote to stop it moving to save some time.

The game will essentially still be Sonic, but I'm going to try and tone down animations by doubling up the frames (so animation looks choppy)

If I made the background white, it would actually solve a lot of problems.

But you're right about one thing. Sonic is meant to be fast paced. Admittedly, Sonic 1 is one of the slower Sonic games, but having the screen static frame by frame, who knows what dangers are just off screen. I suppose I could always have the player press A to recentre the screen. That way some off screen ledges, etc might be viewable.

3. I think if you could leave the background stationary and keep everything else scrolling normally it would be perfect.

4. Looking at the ASM, each zones background works differently. I removed the tiles from the background and it actually looks pretty good. It means I don't have to worry about the scrolling background or animation.

5. VelocitOni

VelocitOni

Almost 10 years of trial membership Member
    Does this mean we get to turn on frame skipping? :V

That aside, this is an excellent and completely original Idea. For some reason, I thought this would fit more in Sonic 2.
    What will you do with the foreground tiles?

6. Disable them I think. There aren't many of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.