don't click here

A Simple Question

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevFirst

RevFirst

I'd say the exact opposite.

2. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Huh..even though people have said "the original Yellow Text", I always remembered the blue text as being what I considered the original. Could someone point out the first instance of it?

3. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    This one is indeed a rather good logo. It's both basic and professional.

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Blue was first, but it didn't have any other-colored trim on it; just flat out blue. It was on the Japanese boxart of Sonic 1, I believe. (or was it white? I could be mistaken).

Yellow with blue trim just stands out more and looks more attractive to me, and besides it's what was used when Sonic became well known.

5. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

[​IMG]

:v:

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Sonic 1 and CD (Pal)

7. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I always liked the blue and gold gradient-y logo that appeared on the Sonic 1 and 2 title screens. None of this flat, single-colored nonsense.

8. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    This.

9. Graxer

Graxer

Same here. There is something really epic about it!

Thats what I thought too. That one is also my favourite by far.

10. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

The yellow text first appeared in Sonic 3, at least for us Americans. The first logo was actually red.
    [​IMG]

In the UK, it was blue.
    [​IMG]

And for Japan, it was plain white text.
    [​IMG]

11. Hm, Yellow with blue outline reminds me of Sonic 3 to R-era Sonic, while Blue with Yellow outline reminds me of Sonic 1 to 2-era Sonic. I'd say the Yellow with Blue outline is more appealing looking.

Of course, Sonic and Knuckles logo is the bst of them all, but that only represents one game.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Interesting point about these boxes - look at the O in Sonic. JP and EU both follow the slanted hole in the O that was used thereafter. America, insisting as usual on being different... doesn't. =P

13. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Exactly as I thought, thanks for that. I assumed that the yellow letters didn't show up until Sonic 3 (where the logo in the first post came from) and the blue-on-yellow could at least be traced back to Sonic 2, but here I was waiting for someone to pull out some obscure art that would prove me wrong.

14. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

They ended up using another font altogether... none of the typography matches. The logo in the American boxart is using some standard font you find in any word processing or design program, the logo for the rest of the boxart and thereafter was designed specifically for the Sonic series.

You don't need to have taken any typography courses to see that (which I have :v: ) /brag

15. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Good thing I'm British, our cover was definitely the best out of the three Sonic The Hedgehog's. :thumbsup:

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    My favorite logo is definitely the orange and blue one, it looks better IMO. That doesn't mean I don't like the other ones too.

17. Bluetension

Bluetension

New Jersey
    Sonic Blackout (fangame)
    I prefer the SA2 logo. It's one of the more serious games and the logo matches the general feeling flow of the game play (It's my favorite 3d Sonic game, so naturally I prefer the logo also). Sonic Adventure DX on the other hand I thought was horrible to match with the game. The should have kept the Sonic Adventure Logo.

18. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Not only that, but the european cover also sports the same Sonic artwork, as well as stylized drawings of Eggman and Sonic's friends (which I think appear somewhere in the japanese manual?), while USA gets... that piece of shit.

Come 1992 and Europe is treated to the same horrible western art as in the US cover. Sigh.

19. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Personally I like both the orange/blue and the blue/yellow. Not too fond of most of the recent ones, though.

20. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    While most of the logos posted on this thread look very, very good, I generally prefer yellow text with a blue stroke for Sonic logos. However, my favorite one posted is definitely the S&K logo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.