don't click here

sonic cd was the first sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Zycor, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    sonic cd was the first game in production but they didnt finish the game till 1993 and they really tested the spindash in that game cause it looks so weird they perfected it in sonic 2 but sonic 1 was the first game open to the public

2. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    First of all, what the fuck did you link to? I get a weird version of this board when I copy and paste the URL into my address bar.

Secondly, what evidence do you have that Sonic CD was the first Sonic game? Gee, I always thought it all started with Sonic the Hedgehog 1, but I could be wrong ya know. :P

Thirdly....please check over your post before you actually post it. I'm surprised that I (somewhat) understood you.

3. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I think this is a load of crap. If Sonic CD was really the first Sonic game, then the copyright info would probably say "© 1991, 1993 Sega" or something like that. If it was really the first Sonic game, why was there a Beta version released on May 10, 1993?

4. Zycor

Zycor

Beats me.
    I told you it was first in production sonic team doesn't give a crap about putting when the game started in the credits it was finished in 1993 notice the strange spindash that lacked the cool sonic2 look

5. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    So simply because it had a different Spindash proves it was first in production. I don't see the connection, please provide firmer evidence.

6. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    No, he does have a point. Sonic 1 had no spindash; Sonic 2 had proper spindash. Sonic CD's spindash is, as I've heard, screwed up (not that I've played the game myself though), so it might have come between the two.

7. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    It probably came between Sonic 1 and 2.This would explain the transitional things such as the Sonic 1 sheild and the low quality spin dash. Another detail is the hidden screen in the sound test that shows Tails saying "See you next Game!"

8. Keith Hemari

Keith Hemari

Zen Gamer Oldbie
    :wtf:

I would like a little sounder evidance before I can take this seriously..

the engine differences, as far as I can recall, are because the game was programmed by a different set of people. Hell, the game seems to have been written totally from scratch.. nothing seems to behaive like it does in ANY of the other games.

why would SEGA and Sonic Team lie for all this time about that? Why would they not have made any mention of Sonic CD as the first game? Why isn't ther ANY evidance at all to support this theory? I mean aside from the spindash thing. Why no ads, why no screen shots? Why would they make a game for an add-on they hadn't even thought about yet?

But lets assume that you're right. Lets assume that Sonic CD (called Sonic The Hedgehog) was the first game to be started...

If that is the case... they must have changed almost 90% of the game in the process.. such that Sonic CD as it stands now can hardly bare any similarity to what was originally created. The music would have to be different... the opening animations could not have been done.. the levels would have had to have been MUCH smaller and less complicated..

I just don't see it.

Edit: as a matter of fact, the wonderful site, the Green Hill Zone, just happens to have the production credits to the games.. lets take a look-see, shall we?

Sonic 1:

Game Planner
    Hirokazu Yasuhara
    Sound Producer
    Masato Nakamura
    Programmer
    Yuji Naka
    Sound Programmer
    "Jimita"
    "Macky"
    Design
    "Jinya"
    Reiko Kodama
    Character Design
    Naoto Ohshima

Sonic CD:

Executive Producer
    Hayao Nakayama
    Producers
    Minoru Kanari
    Makoto Oshitani
    Director
    Naoto Ohshima
    Program Director
    Keiichi Yamamoto
    Art Director
    Hiroyuki Kawaguchi
    Sound Director
    Yukifumi Makino
    Game Designers
    Hiroaki Chino
    Kenichi Ono
    Yuichiro Yokoyama
    Takao Miyoshi
    Akira Nishino
    Character Designer
    Kazuyuki Hoshino
    Landscape Designers
    Hiroyuki Kawaguchi
    Takumi Miyake
    Masahiro Sanpei
    Masato Nishimura
    Hideaki Kurata
    Special Stage Designers
    Kazuyuki Hoshino
    Yasushi Yamaguchi
    Special Stage Progammer Keiichi Yamamoto
    Animation Programmers
    Yuichiro Mine
    Eiji Horita
    Animation Visual Directors
    Hiroyuki Kawaguchi
    Masahiro Sanpei
    Visual Design
    Kazuyuki Hoshino
    Takumi Miyake
    Chief Programmer
    Matsuhide Mizoguchi
    Programmers
    Yuichi Matsuoka
    Hiroshi Takei
    Tatsuya Satoh
    Noritaka Yakita
    Sound Effects
    Yukifumi Makino
    Sound Programmer
    Yukifumi Makino
    Sound Producer
    Hiroyuki Tanaka
    Music Producer (US)
    Spencer Nilsen
    David Young

notice any differences? Seems like a totally different group of people created Sonic CD... that of course means that Sonic Team didn't make it, and there for any oddities are more likely for that reason than any other.

We could say, though, that each game did, technically, have a different group of people that were part of the team. But even Sonic 1 and 2 shared some names.. as far as I can tell.. Sonic CD shares no names.

9. This is off topic sort of but why was the other spin dash from Sonic CD removed?You know the one where he spins his feet?That was my favorite move and it would have been nice to have it in Sonic 2.

10. Kama

Kama

Sittin on my Bench, Watchin the sunset. Member
    Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    Becoming a freelance artist and writer
    I believe that was intended for Sonic Drift, which came out some time after Sonic CD was released. Besides, Tails doesn't drive a jeep in Sonic 2.

11. NickW

NickW

It is not removed. You gotta press UP + A, not DOWN + A

12. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Naoto Ohshima was in both; he was Sonic's creator.

13. Yes I know that, what I ment to say is why didn't they keep it.They should have used it in Sonic 2 and maybe Sonic 3.

14. Keith Hemari

Keith Hemari

Zen Gamer Oldbie
    oops, I stand corrected.

in any case, the difference in programmers is the main thing. Or so I think.

15. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Danny....

This is the worst topic ever. You should be ashamed!

16. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Knock it off -- all of you. What evidence do you have that he's a total idiot? Sure maybe that was a rough post, but that doesn't prove a thing in my book. I have made posts JUST like this in the past. If you offend him, then you offend me too.

Second, the theory is not valid because I have shown time and time again that Sonic CD was built from a very early Sonic 2. But that's ok, don't be mad at anyone.

17. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    -- Edit of compassion —

18. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    DANNY'S FOOLISH PENIS

19. Zycor

Zycor

Beats me.
    it looks like when sonic is jumping and the screen moves to the left or right depending on which way your facing in the game

20. Zycor

Zycor

Beats me.
    let me say im not ashamed notice how many more people worked on sonic cd than on sonic 2 or one that is because sonic cd was there first game no tails is one thing but there is hidden work for tails in see you next game added in 1993 which means that it said tails is going to be in the next game sonic 3 and also notice how sonics sprites match up completly almost the jumping the walking the first set of running the jumps and the spins and strike dash were'nt (meaning no spindash and no stirkedash) they only had to make a few sprites to add to sonic 1 and that wasn't many and notice how in sonic 2 they changed his walking sprite and color abit but in sonic cd go back to sonic 1 sprites the game was first in production sonic one was first to the public but sonic cd was testing sonics new move the spindash and if they didnt have sonic one first the games would probly of lined like this in order sonic cd sonic the hedgehog (with the strange spindash) sonic 2 (new spindash and tails) sonic 3 (sonic and tails with enemies knuckles eggman and the baddies) Sonic and Knuckles(eggman and knuckles and eggrobo enemies) then sonic x-treme started but stopped permenintly sonic 3D Blast (or as some refer to sonic 3D Bleah)ect. but that is hypothetically for that part if I confused you put a huge old WHAT???!!! on your post then question me and if this doesn't prove im right THEN SO HELP ME!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.