don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly, I believe this announcement is for the best - SoJ taking the decision to DELAY the game to make sure it's done right rather than rush it out incomplete YET AGAIN is quite possibly the most sane decision that department has made in YEARS concerning Sonic.

Anyone who's spinning this still into a OMG THEY AREN'T GOING TO IMRPOVE ANYTHING IT'S JUST GOING TO BE SHIT NO MATTER WHAT paranoid conspiracy theory needs to get a hold of reality, remind themselves that this simply hasn't been done for Sonic for a LONG time and realise there's a decent chance the game will be better for it.

After all, you were just going to bitch and whine about the game as it was, right? What harm will time for potential improvements do?

2. ccat

ccat

I just saw the new trailer... the screens didn't really give me that much faith in this, but damn - now it feels like Sonic after all. I'm not mad for the delay at all, because it'll avoid stupid bugs(hi S2) and whatnot, also the episodic release I'm fine with provided they add at least 6 zones per episode. (much like Sonic 3, it was also split into two parts)

The only thing that bothers me, about both S4's gameplay and the Splash Hill Zone... ffs, kick me in the nuts if they didn't take inspiration with Megamix because it's damn obvious. :v:

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Lol no, physics and music were part of that list :)

4. Can someone link me to this "On the Spot" that's about to start in about 5 minutes or so?

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6263169.html?tag=stitialclk;news" target="_blank">http://www.gamespot.com/news/6263169.html?...stitialclk;news</a>

This just popped up on Gamespot.

Also, we get to see Ruby.

6. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    It will make their opinions wrong.

AND THAT'S NO GOOD

7. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    You were also the one saying the game was finished in February, if I recall. Looks like you were mistaken.

But, I repeat: the On The Spot portion of this hasn't come out yet. Let's all hold our horses four seven minutes and see what's what with that, okay?

How can you tell? The trailer showed so little that it was ridiculous. The only thing one can discern from the trailer is that there are just as many automatic-ish speed sections in the game as when last we checked.

I look forward to pointing out each and every single minute alteration to you with a very smug expression on my face in four-to-six months' time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to momentarily set aside my shameless (rather than shamefully-repressed) excitement for Sonic 4, and go watch some more leaked videos of that other highly-anticipated mascot-platforming sequel that comes out this weekend.

Don't take my sarcasm personally, I'm just being cute because I'm bored.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
  9. Introversive

Introversive

By the wording of what I was replying to, I thought you meant something else. It sounded like you were saying that anything on the list wouldn't matter at all to the fans unless if all of the things on the list (improved physics, better music, no pinball or minecart levels, and playable classic Sonic) were fulfilled.

10. Robochao

Robochao

I hope something happens to the soundtrack. Shit sux the way it is.

They took the sound direction incorrectly and thought that simple is what people wanted. Pssshhh they are really confused.
    I hate to sound like your typical dreamerfag but I wish they would just grab GeckoYamori to redo Jun's work and call it a day.
    It's empty music.

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    BREAKING NEWS:
    Two levels will be exclusive to the iPhone/iPhone touch. This was said in the On the Spot show.

12. RevFirst

RevFirst

Hell, I bloody love Unleashed's soundtrack (while not caring for the game itself). Just this alone makes Sonic 4's just... offensive.

13. Biofrost

Biofrost

Environment artist at Sony Bend Member
    Oregon
    Env artist on Days Gone for ps4
    Now I have more of a reason of buying the same game twice(360, Ipod touch)

14. Tanks

Tanks

Welp. Rush 3 confirmed. Not much more I can say. I know Sega's not going to revamp the physics like they ought to. I know they're not going to fix the music like they ought to. I know they're not going to do anything they ought to do. But I especially know they're not going to listen to us at all. They'll take half our message "Delay the game!" cut out the "Fix these things!" part and do what they please. This is just a deluxe build up before major let down. Not much else to say there.

15. Secret Bonus

Secret Bonus

I'm walking in snake piiiits, oooooOOOOooooh Member
    [​IMG]

sonic WHAT ARE YOU DOING

RRRRRGH YOU'RE STANDING ON THE WALL THIS ISN'T TRUE TO THE PHYSICS OF THE GENESIS GAMES AT ALL

16. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    RubyEclipse earns points for being the one not spamming the word "um" all the time :v: but he looks as gender-neutral as his screen name does. :v:

(Just joshin' with ya, man, you look cool and all that.)

I knock off a few points from the video for treating the leaks as a totally taboo subject and only talking about stuff that's been released as "official assets." Not that I expected that to be mentioned on GameSpot of all things...

iPhone gets a few exclusive stages... interesting. Not interesting enough to interest me in that version, but I guess a little twist is always nice for the odd version out.

Physics and level design aspects, though. I called it, oh yes I did, I hath called it. Endri, you owe me... um... wait, I didn't take advantage of that small window of opportunity to actually make a bet. Damn.

17. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    Best post

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

That's bollocks. Unless they're more LLZ2 type things (they did specifically mention iPhone features), a lot of people will be really pissed off.

Otherwise, they did confirm a change in physics and level design. Pinball physics and momentum is what they said. Let's hope it's true.

19. Robochao

Robochao

Sonic Unleashed's music is some of the best stuff I've ever heard. It's what got me into Jazz. I don't hate the game because I find the puzzles fun and Werehogging wasn't too bad of a concept to me. The daytime levels were orgasmic and they made playing through the night levels even better. I just feel that Knuckles should have been doing all that brawling instead of Sonic. Hello? Knuckles! Wake up SEGA!

I'm probably not the only one that thinks that Instashield would make the game much more fun but since Sega said that the game is not a remake that the potbellied design will not be brought back. Haha I bet they look at Instashield and old physics the same way they do his old design.

SEGA: This isn't a remake! No old physics! No instashield!

Me: Final Destination?

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I like how Classic Sonic pops up right when Ruby was talking about "taking fan suggestions into consideration."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.